Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Power Vision

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2013, 08:48 AM
shore
Stellar HDF Member
Received 95 Likes on 69 Posts
Default Power Vision

I'm seriously considering just buying a Power Vision for my 09 FLHX. The bike has a 120r in it but the SEPRT has been lost along the way. $800-900 for a TTS tune and a few weeks wait to even do that. The bike is running a stock HD download that came with the 120r to use with the 1 3/4" Dresser duals and 3.5" rinehart slip-ons and SE tall filter behind the stock cover.

I've pulled the pipes and am in the process of putting on a full Rinehart tru-dual system with 4" slip-ons. I'm up in the air on the air cleaner at this moment. I'm not sure exactly what intake is on this engine and what air cleaner to buy for it. I'm certainly leaning towards the Heavy Breather. This tall filter is all over my knee when riding. Floorboard extenders or the Heavy Breather. Would appreciate some insight as to what to look for on the intake to determine what air cleaner to look for.

Letting this thing breathe a little better so I'm going to need some tuning. I've read people are pretty happy with the PV. They are relatively cheap and I'm reading that dynojet has a handfulof 120r tunes to try. If those tunes don't pan out the local HD tuner gets 3hrs labor to do tunes. I'm thinking the better option is to buy the Power Vision and at least have the adjustability of the PV instead of buying another SEPRT.

as all things go, I'm capable of missing something but this seems like the obvious path at this point, right? My only other option is get the Auto-Tune along with the PV if the PV alone doesn't get me there and do that, not sure how that will really benefit me with this engine without the wideband sensors. Then we are really starting to get out of hand money wise.

The short version:

1..Need to know what air cleaner to look for to fit this intake. I'm not sure how to tell what size intake is on this 120r. I see there are a few options but I'm not sure how that correlates to which Heavy Breather to look for.

2..Curious on running a Power Vision on this 120r with the new exhaust set-up. Seems a good idea versus buying a new SEPRT and paying the dyno.

Old 04-29-2013, 10:13 AM
shore
Stellar HDF Member

I guess calling dynojet is an idea.

Old 04-29-2013, 11:20 AM
XARAN
Stellar HDF Member
Received 39 Likes on 32 Posts

Call Jamie at Fuel Moto, he will steer you in the right direction

Old 04-29-2013, 11:44 AM
shore
Stellar HDF Member

I bought the PV through amazon to get it tomorrow so not sure how that works with using FM.

Old 04-29-2013, 11:49 AM
Delzore
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I just got one from there last week.. Still registered it with FuelMoto of course.. I would imagine they will still provide support as needed...

Old 04-29-2013, 12:28 PM
lewain
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Delzore
I just got one from there last week.. Still registered it with FuelMoto of course.. I would imagine they will still provide support as needed...
What do you mean registered it with Fuel Moto?

Old 04-29-2013, 12:42 PM
shooter5074
Outstanding HDF Member
Location: Western Illinois, land of bad roads, and corrupt politicians
Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Delzore

If you didn't buy it from FM, you don't get support from them. You get support from Dynojet.

Old 04-29-2013, 12:44 PM
smkinnan
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by shore
I'm seriously considering just buying a Power Vision for my 09 FLHX. The bike has a 120r in it but the SEPRT has been lost along the way. $800-900 for a TTS tune and a few weeks wait to even do that. The bike is running a stock HD download that came with the 120r to use with the 1 3/4" Dresser duals and 3.5" rinehart slip-ons and SE tall filter behind the stock cover.

I've pulled the pipes and am in the process of putting on a full Rinehart tru-dual system with 4" slip-ons. I'm up in the air on the air cleaner at this moment. I'm not sure exactly what intake is on this engine and what air cleaner to buy for it. I'm certainly leaning towards the Heavy Breather. This tall filter is all over my knee when riding. Floorboard extenders or the Heavy Breather. Would appreciate some insight as to what to look for on the intake to determine what air cleaner to look for.

Letting this thing breathe a little better so I'm going to need some tuning. I've read people are pretty happy with the PV. They are relatively cheap and I'm reading that dynojet has a handfulof 120r tunes to try. If those tunes don't pan out the local HD tuner gets 3hrs labor to do tunes. I'm thinking the better option is to buy the Power Vision and at least have the adjustability of the PV instead of buying another SEPRT.

as all things go, I'm capable of missing something but this seems like the obvious path at this point, right? My only other option is get the Auto-Tune along with the PV if the PV alone doesn't get me there and do that, not sure how that will really benefit me with this engine without the wideband sensors. Then we are really starting to get out of hand money wise.

The short version:

1..Need to know what air cleaner to look for to fit this intake. I'm not sure how to tell what size intake is on this 120r. I see there are a few options but I'm not sure how that correlates to which Heavy Breather to look for.

2..Curious on running a Power Vision on this 120r with the new exhaust set-up. Seems a good idea versus buying a new SEPRT and paying the dyno.

I would call Jamie at Fuel Moto on both questions. He will fix you up.

Old 04-29-2013, 01:27 PM
shore
Stellar HDF Member

hmm...

Old 04-29-2013, 02:05 PM
Delzore
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by lewain
What do you mean registered it with Fuel Moto?

my mistake.. product registered with DynoJet, not Fuel Moto.. was thinking somehow, they were the same place.

This is link to register with DynoJet...
http://www.dynojet.com/Powervision/p...istration.aspx

Quick Reply: Power Vision