Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vindikta 19" Bagger Bars

Old 04-29-2013, 11:26 PM
525tom
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vindikta 19" Bagger Bars

Just installed 19" Vindikta Bagger bars on my 03 Electra Glide Classic. I am coming from 12" PYO Monkey bars that I installed last year. However, I wanted to go higher and couldn't wait for the ridiculous wait times from yaffe.

I am so glad that I found Joe at Vindikta. Their bars are custom made to your specs and Joe will build them in about 3 weeks. My bars are similar in spec to the yaffe but are 1.5" in diameter. Joe takes a lot of pride in his work and the communication was second to none. He even responded back to me on Easter Day. I would not hesitate to recommend him to anyone. I'll probably get a set of his crash bars and saddle bag guards to match my handle bars at some point in the near future.

For the install, I did a 15" wire extension from namz, +14" on the throttle and idle cruise, 35" upper brake line and a 82" hydraulic clutch line. The cables are magnum shielding. I already had the poly bushings and one piece top clamp from the from the previous PYO bars I installed.

With the 1.5" diameter handle bars, it seemed easier to internally wire than my previous monkey bars. Plus the larger diameter makes the bars look more custom, I think.

I attached a few pics for you all to check out. A lot of people don't like the bars above the fairing but I like it and they are super comfortable. I am 5'10" and they are about at eye level with me slouching a little without my driver's backrest. Let me know what you all think and ask any questions you may have.

Last edited by 525tom; 04-29-2013 at 11:44 PM. Reason: Added rear view picture
Old 04-29-2013, 11:32 PM
Cowboy Rob
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 2,565 Likes on 1,497 Posts

Now those are apes,go big or go home. Do you have a pic from behind,maybe show how they look behind the fairing?

Old 04-29-2013, 11:34 PM
DRated
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Cowboy Rob
Now those are apes,go big or go home. Do you have a pic from behind,maybe show how they look behind the fairing?
You ain't lying! Pit coolers. Guess you need that in Vegas. HEHE.

Old 04-29-2013, 11:45 PM
525tom
Cruiser

Oops, rear view shot added. Thanks Rob.

Old 04-29-2013, 11:59 PM
glock221
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

hIGH HEELS ARE LIKE HANDLE BARS...

tHEY BELONG IN THE AIR...

Old 04-30-2013, 12:58 AM
lizard86
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Very nice looking bars. I've been looking into putting apes on my SG for a while. I really like the look of these. Wouldnt dream of going this high though. I've never had apes before and am a little unsure exactly what height would be best for me. I might have to give these guys a call and see what they can do for me. Seem to be a top notch company. Thanks for the post.

Old 04-30-2013, 01:14 AM
sportsterdave
Intermediate

Originally Posted by lizard86
Very nice looking bars. I've been looking into putting apes on my SG for a while. I really like the look of these. Wouldnt dream of going this high though. I've never had apes before and am a little unsure exactly what height would be best for me. I might have to give these guys a call and see what they can do for me. Seem to be a top notch company. Thanks for the post.
Definitely go a little bigger than you think you want or you'll be doing the work twice......cuz you'll always want a little more! For example if you want the 12's put the 14's on. Almost every guy I know with mini apes or apes wish they would've gone just a bit taller. It seems like Joe will make anything or size you want, it's nice to see some good ole fashion customer service! Let's support the ones that support us!

Old 04-30-2013, 04:31 AM
redneck0372
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Those look good nice to see someone else with 19's on a glide. I have a few inches on you im 6'3.5"

Old 04-30-2013, 07:56 AM
McFrosty
Cruiser

Originally Posted by sportsterdave
Definitely go a little bigger than you think you want or you'll be doing the work twice......cuz you'll always want a little more!
Could not agree more! I did 13" Cyclesmiths a few months ago & wish I had gone with 16". I will be doing it later at some time. So you'll likely be better off & take the advice & go higher than you think you want.

OP- great looking bars dude!

Last edited by McFrosty; 04-30-2013 at 08:30 AM.
Old 04-30-2013, 08:00 AM
McFrosty
Cruiser

Originally Posted by glock221
hIGH HEELS ARE LIKE HANDLE BARS...
tHEY BELONG IN THE AIR...

+1 on that! Now that's the kind of proverb we should be finding in them fortune cookies.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Vindikta 19" Bagger Bars