Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need wiring help: Install run/brake Tri-bar 68358-07A on '07 RK Custom with SG fascia

Old 05-02-2013, 10:06 PM
cmnelson00
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need wiring help: Install run/brake Tri-bar 68358-07A on '07 RK Custom with SG fascia

Long time viewer-first time poster. Here's the scenario I need help with. I am adding CVO extended bags to my '07 RK Custom and have decided to finish it off with the factory SG rear fascia extension (59739-06BPY) and Tri-bar running/break light (68358-07A). I should have the fascia in the next week and recently received the Tri-bar. I've read several of the existing threads and am confident I can do the fascia install in my sleep. I had thought the same on the Tri-bar...that is until I pulled the seat and side panels to do a dry-fit to find the the '07 FLHRS does not come with an auxillary plug-in for a tourpak as others have indicated...at least I sure couldn't find it. So the claim of plug-and-play on an FLHRS is not accurate. I'm fairly mechanical and there are too many things I won't tackle but wiring is not my thing at all. Can anyone please offer me some wisdom/guidance. I know there are several of you out there that can do this one in your sleep...unfortunately, I am not one of them and I don't want to pay dealer shop prices to do this. Thanks for your help.

Old 05-08-2013, 05:07 PM
cmnelson00
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was able to figure it out by patching together feedback from other strings. It is a chipshot! The Plug attached to the Tri-bar light does not mate with the Road King Custom. As others have stated, the RK Custom does not come with the tour pack wiring harness. The simple solution was to remove the taillight and wire into the circuitboard there. There is an open three prong male slot in the upper left-hand corner of the board. I went to my local dealership and purchased the female plug-in along with the crimp connectors. A simple voltmeter attached to each male connection allowed me to discern break from running from ground connections. After figuring out which was which I attached plug and finished the connection. Simple. 10 minute install.