Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sirius Stiletto 10 Install

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2007, 01:50 PM
Seawolf
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sirius Stiletto 10 Install

Sorry for not using the search feature and jumping into all the other Sirius threads, but my problem is unique.

I just purchased the Stiletto 10 portable Sirius reciever with the $70 car kit. I used the car kit in my truck, which means all the wiring had to be routed a certain way and I am unable to remove it.

The Stiletto has it's own built in antenna so you can listen to live SAT on the go. This is in theory because the reception from the internal antenna is weak to say the least. Around my home I have a lot of trees so it's not until I get out onto the main road that I get a clear signal, even in my truck.

Does anyone have a mounting solution for the Stiletto series? I have looked at the RAM products and through other posts in here, but I seem to be the only one with a Stiletto reciever.

I plan on routing power to the cigerette plug and use the aux inpu on my stereo for the audio connection. If the interanl antenna provides enough reception I wont need an external magnetic antenna on the bike. I am all ears folks. Thanks in advance.

Old 02-21-2007, 12:37 AM
Seawolf
Tourer
Default RE: Sirius Stiletto 10 Install

anyone? Bueler? Bueler?

Old 02-21-2007, 11:22 AM
reefteach
Tourer

The stilleto does not have an internal antenna. When you listen "on the go" you must use the earphones with the antenna on top. This means that unless you were planningon mounting these headphones to the outside of your helmet, or wear them as normal with out a helmet, you are going to need another car kit. RAM mount is probably your best bet for the unit itself, but I have not done this yet. On my RK I wear my MP3 player on my sleeve, and wire into helmet speakers. I will probably do the same with my Stilleto. Stick the antenna on the rear fender.

Old 02-21-2007, 05:39 PM
Seawolf
Tourer

Thanks for the reply, but I have to correct you. The Stiletto 10 and 100 do have an internal antenna built in. I can plug a pair of sony ear buds into it and walk outside and get 1 bar and listen to it, but the reception is poor. The reception is not much better with the goofy headphones they give you. The one good thing about the merger if it goes through is XM has far superior equipment.

I will probably just purchase another antenna and a cigerette plug for it. The hard thing is RAM doesn't make a mount for the Stiletto (at least not yet they don't) and I can't seem to find a solution without velcro or something worse.

Old 02-21-2007, 05:55 PM
Thundercloud
Road Master
Received 13 Likes on 2 Posts

I haven't seen the Stiletto yet, but most of the Sirius units will match up to a AMP style mount. Look at Ram's website at a AMP adaptor and see if it will work with your unit. You may need to take out a few screws from the unit and replace them with the ones that go through the adaptor and back into your Stiletto. And then the AMP adaptor will mount to a Ram mount.

Just an Idea!!!

Good Luck!!!

Old 02-21-2007, 08:43 PM
Seawolf
Tourer

I'll check it out. Thanks!