Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need to upgrade my stereo on the Road Glide. Whats the BEST setup?

Old 05-05-2013, 04:05 PM
HeHateMe
Road Captain
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Need to upgrade my stereo on the Road Glide. Whats the BEST setup?

One of the first things I do to my 2013 Road Glide is upgrade my stereo system completely.

Short and sweet in your opinion what is the best setup? Head unit, speakers, and amp.

Its a 2013 CVO, so I probably will want to upgrade the speakers in the bags as well.

Old 05-05-2013, 08:19 PM
jpit11
Cruiser
Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts

Hello and Congrats on your new bike. I would suggest checking out the audio section of the forum. There is a wealth of I do on this topic and many helpful members, specifically Ultranutz, who can advise you as they did me.

Old 05-06-2013, 02:06 AM
Sire2Twins
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jpit11
Hello and Congrats on your new bike. I would suggest checking out the audio section of the forum. There is a wealth of I do on this topic and many helpful members, specifically Ultranutz, who can advise you as they did me.
+1 on the audio forum. That is really a loaded question. You will get as many opinions as there are parts and equipment in the world. LOL!

Give as much information as you can regarding budget, goals (wake up the neighbors, or just hear at highway speeds), and what options you want to be able to have.

There are several folks in the audio forum that have experimented with a lot of different combinations and can steer you toward something that suits your preferences. Good luck and congrats on the new ride.

Old 05-06-2013, 07:22 AM
1flhtk4me
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 86 Likes on 64 Posts

I think for the "best" set up,you need to find someone that knows how to integrate all of the components and what components to make it perform.

There are a lot of packages being offered but they dont compare to custom installed units.

Old 05-06-2013, 08:35 AM
decencyxdefied
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 724 Likes on 483 Posts

8track all the way

Old 05-06-2013, 08:36 AM
0ldhippie
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 115 Posts

No such thing as best, But look here as to what is possible:
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/audio...ce-stereo.html
Lots of info in the audio section...

Old 05-06-2013, 09:04 AM
Moto Mike
Road Warrior
Received 122 Likes on 116 Posts

HeHateMe, I have had Hog Tunes, Arc Audio, Polk, Focals, (still use the Focals) and Biketronics Titan ll's (HAT,s...Hybrid Audio Technology), and now have a Sound Stream Nano amp, (great for the money). If I had a CVO Road Glide and wanted a blow your doors off system I would use all HAT's and the Biketronics 4 channel Bt180 amp 4 x !80 rms. Talk to Bill (tech) at Biketronics you won't be sorry.

Old 05-06-2013, 11:05 AM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts

You should be aware that you bike has seriously unique audio wiring compared to other fairing models.

Suggestion: contact TIF2 with a PM including your phone number at cvoharley.com.-- he'll help you out. Also, buy the HD Seevice Manual and Supplent for your bike. It will show in the audio wiring diagrams the differences.

The audio section of the forum here has great info, but your bike is very different regarding audio wiring from the head unit, to the amps and speakers.

Old 05-06-2013, 11:20 AM
HeHateMe
Road Captain

Thanks guys.

Old 05-06-2013, 11:20 AM
HeHateMe
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Moto Mike
HeHateMe, I have had Hog Tunes, Arc Audio, Polk, Focals, (still use the Focals) and Biketronics Titan ll's (HAT,s...Hybrid Audio Technology), and now have a Sound Stream Nano amp, (great for the money). If I had a CVO Road Glide and wanted a blow your doors off system I would use all HAT's and the Biketronics 4 channel Bt180 amp 4 x !80 rms. Talk to Bill (tech) at Biketronics you won't be sorry.

Mike, thanks man. Thats what I was looking for.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Need to upgrade my stereo on the Road Glide. Whats the BEST setup?