Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Run/Brake/Turn HD module

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2013, 12:07 PM
jsims002
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Run/Brake/Turn HD module

Here's the list, HD Run/Brake/Turn plug n play already installed on my bike (the one that turns the signals into the combo). The turn signals work correctly including the brake function. I have a set of 8" plasma rods I haven't installed yet but will as soon as the painter gets finished with my bags and fender. So I noticed my 2009 FLHTPI only has two wires running to each turn signal. I assumed there would be three, run/turn/ground. I double checked and there are only two, which is perfect because the plasma rods only have two. The complex thing is that I don't need the tail light. I was planning on terminating the connection to the tail light and just use the turn signal wires for the plasma rods. Has anyone done this? I searched, and YES, there is a ton of poo reference Run/Brake/Turn and plasma rods, but can't find a clear answer.

Old 05-15-2013, 12:20 PM
jberg
Road Warrior
Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

The RTB module works on the two wire existing system by supplying two power levels to the single filament or single led oem turn signal lamps. The ability to isolate signals from running lights doesn't really exist unless you run wires from another part of the bike.
Fronts have three wires and dual filament bulbs. Rears do not since they are originally designed to be off unless you turn on a blinker.

Old 05-15-2013, 01:52 PM
jsims002
Cruiser

I'm at work now, so I can't check but I thought the turn signals were already run/turn, then I added the RTB module and added the brake function. I checked it yesterday, thought it was dim then blinked, dim then brake. Basically staying dim the whole time unless turn or brake was applied. I'll check when I get home.

Old 05-15-2013, 05:11 PM
jsims002
Cruiser

Just got home and checked. The rear signals stay on as run lights, when signal buttons are pushed, they blink, when I hit the brake, they light up bright. So, I assume, when I connect the wires from the signal lights to the plasma rods, they should do the exact thing? I'm deleting the rear brake light, can I simply terminate those wires and the rear signals as RBT should still function?