Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need some exhaust help here!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2013, 12:43 PM
vh_enriquez
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need some exhaust help here!!!

Hi, I have a 2005 Electra Police. I bought it with 4k miles, by that time, I didn't knew much about HDs, so I immediately took it to the HD dealer and told them I wanted loud exhaust pipes. They installed new round pipes without baffles. Now I bought V&H Twin Slash Ovals. I tought they were very quiet, so I removed the baffles and obviously lost some power from reduced backpressure. I was looking to install Big City Thunder baffles, but when I was measuring my pipes, something inside looks like they are already in, maybe when I took it to the dealer they installed them, but they are not in the V&H, they are located right where the pipe ends and connects to the V&H. I am attaching some pictures to see what do you guys think. When I removed the baffles, the twin slash must come off, as it is together, but as I wanted to keep the twin look, I cut the baffle from the exist slash, so when I put this twin slash end tip, I get some backpressure back and runs better, noise lowers. I wonder 2 things:
1) Inside the V&H at the front there is still some long tube alone, what will happen if I replace the BCT on that part, in order it to be more way back and inside the V&H.
2) The twin end tip, still has a small piece of tube, where the muffler used to bond. What if I place there the BCT, that way it will be placed about 5"from the exhaust exit.

Any suggestions are welcome, thanks
victor

Attached Thumbnails Need some exhaust help here!!!-1.jpg   Need some exhaust help here!!!-2.jpg   Need some exhaust help here!!!-3.jpg   Need some exhaust help here!!!-4.jpg   Need some exhaust help here!!!-5.jpg