Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R/T/B module or Load equalizer blowing a fuse?

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2013, 09:11 PM
Keithhu
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,364 Likes on 2,619 Posts
Default R/T/B module or Load equalizer blowing a fuse?

I have the Harley R/T/B module and a Biketronics Load equalizer.

All of a sudden, I have no running lights in the back, only brake and turn. Turn signals run fast now.

The fuse marked "lights" was blown, tho every other light on the bike works fine.

I replaced the fuse with one of the spares on the bike, turned the ignition on, and... fuse blows.

I'm going to buy more fuses in the morning, but I'd be curious to hear anyone's wisdom on this. Do you think its one of these modules?

First thing I'll do is remove both the RTB and the load equalizer and see if it blows a fuse. Then I'll add the load the Load Equalizer, then swap out the RTB module, etc.

Old 05-16-2013, 10:45 AM
Keithhu
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,364 Likes on 2,619 Posts

Update for anyone who cares (nobody appears to LOL):

Turns out it was a pinched wire in my left front turn sig.

Originally Posted by Keithhu
I have the Harley R/T/B module and a Biketronics Load equalizer.

All of a sudden, I have no running lights in the back, only brake and turn. Turn signals run fast now.

The fuse marked "lights" was blown, tho every other light on the bike works fine.

I replaced the fuse with one of the spares on the bike, turned the ignition on, and... fuse blows.

I'm going to buy more fuses in the morning, but I'd be curious to hear anyone's wisdom on this. Do you think its one of these modules?

First thing I'll do is remove both the RTB and the load equalizer and see if it blows a fuse. Then I'll add the load the Load Equalizer, then swap out the RTB module, etc.