Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2 part question Ape's and dyno

Old 05-17-2013, 03:41 PM
mainboom150
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default 2 part question Ape's and dyno

First question....ok i have a 2012 streetglide. i have a harley stage 1 breather power commander V and 4 inch rhineharts. all bought from fuel moto. programming for this set up was done by fuel mot from what i know. Now it seems to be running a little off not horrably off just off. i have 3000 miles on the bike have only had the power commander and pipes on for about a month. At how many miles would it be a good idea to get my bike put on a dyno. Some i talk to say its not broke in enough. some say have it done. is there a milage i should wait for to dyno the bike ?

Question 2.... Wanting new grips etc but want info about mini ape's first . So for those of you who have a streetglide or classic/ultra with ape's/mini ape's on your bike. how high and what changes did you have to make. I dont want the bar's above the fairing and im not wanting to replace the fair mount mirrors. i have been looking at the bagger nation 10 inch mini apes. but have seen comments about the krome workz sweepers. Since it hard to find someone with apes on a streetglide around here i thought i would ask some opinions. with keeping my criteria inmind what would be my best option any type of bar company is fine. just dont want to be above fairing or change mirrors unless its really a pain to see after words. and i dont like the pullback on the harley bars where it puts your wrist position plus they are over the fairing.

Old 05-17-2013, 03:50 PM
TUCCI
Extreme HDF Member
Received 218 Likes on 167 Posts

I'd like to see if the canned map FM sent you is the standard one they send everybody. If it is, the timing is advanced in a large part of the map and I had to take it back to 0 in many of the table as well as retard it in my cruise ranges to ofset pinging and slugishness. How do I know it's the same one they send everyone your prob wondering? I asked for another map when I opened my air breather and the one they sent me was the one they gave me for just slip ons without an open breather. Everything was the same including the fuel and timing tables. If that's the case problems like your discribing has to be more common since all setups can't run on the same canned maps.....I mean the same map for just slip on's with or without an open breather there's a big air intake differance from the stock air box to an open breather but you'd never know it by looking at the map?

Old 05-17-2013, 03:59 PM
bberck
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

10 inch mini apes will keep your hands behind the fairing. If you run them pulled back you can still use the fairing mirrors but they will be partially blocked. You can raise the mirrors about a 1/2 inch and still cover the orginal holes. Bars pushed all the way forward mirrors will be useless.

12 inch and up mirrors can be used but hands will be above fairing and you look under bars for mirrors.

10 inch can be done without extending anything.

My 10 inch LA Chopper Twin peaks pulled back with fairing mirrors raised and useable

Currently with bar mounted mirrors

Last edited by bberck; 05-17-2013 at 04:04 PM.
Old 05-17-2013, 04:28 PM
mainboom150
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Tucci.. its the canned map. ill have to bust out a laptop and look at it. but like you say if its the same everyone get i also dont see how that would be right. i mean you can just hear the bike sucking the air in. and it just seems to have a little ping sound nothing bad and the back pressure sounds a little off. So i think ill just give the dyno guy a call next week and have it done

BBerck... great pics just what i wanted to see. la choppers was another bar i was looking at and not changing anything would be best to me. i think with the savings i would get with not having to change everything, i would just get new mirrors.

Old 05-19-2013, 02:54 PM
davey019
Road Warrior
Received 80 Likes on 52 Posts

Wo578 are at the top of the fairing and I changed the clutch cable. Mirrors are useless in 10" bars