Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fullsac True Dual Coversion, thoughts

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2013, 11:41 PM
TO34
Road Warrior
Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Fullsac True Dual Coversion, thoughts

I have a mild 88TC, Cams, PC3, and rush slips on but thinking I want to do wrapped exhaust my bike is getting a sort of old-school look to it. Thinking I'm really not going to tinker into the motor I'm actually happy with it & its reliable.

Because I want to do wrapped exhaust I need to get rid of the cross over pipe.

I've done some searching but was curious if anyone can give me pro/con to Fullsac.

As always thanks.

Old 05-21-2013, 12:29 AM
backplay
Road Master
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by TO34
I have a mild 88TC, Cams, PC3, and rush slips on but thinking I want to do wrapped exhaust my bike is getting a sort of old-school look to it. Thinking I'm really not going to tinker into the motor I'm actually happy with it & its reliable.

Because I want to do wrapped exhaust I need to get rid of the cross over pipe.

I've done some searching but was curious if anyone can give me pro/con to Fullsac.

As always thanks.
The following information is taken directly from the Stahl Headers website. Stahl headers, if you haven't heard of them before, are one of the few premier makers of headers for race cars only. This info came from their FAQ section. http://www.stahlheaders.com/

Should I use a Header Wrap?
NO! ABSOLUTELY NOT. There is nothing that will damage a header faster than the use of a header wrap, other than attacking it with a hammer or shot gun. As advertised, these wraps do keep the majority of exhaust gas temperatures within the header. The result is the wraps will prohibit the header tubing from cooling properly. If you reduce the ability for headers to dissipate adequate heat properly, the result will be premature failure of the metal. Depending upon the application use and temperatures involved, the life can be reduced to only a few hours. We consider exhaust wraps to be the header manufacturer's best friend. (Meaning you'll be buying replacement headers often.)

IMPORTANT: Use of header wraps will void any warranty.

Old 05-21-2013, 12:43 AM
slimvela
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Full sac true dual conversion & CVO baffles...oh yeah!

No regrets

Old 05-21-2013, 01:00 AM
HD BUD
Cruiser
Default fullsac

Ive bin running there true duals for 4 yrs and cvo muffs an cvo fullsac cores for the last four months I like em better than the hooker tuneables a lot more torque off the start they sound great also bud

Old 05-21-2013, 07:27 AM
viiiball
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I installed the Fullsac True Dual kit on my 2007 UC. I did it purely for heat reduction. I ride a lot during the summer and commute frequently on the bike. Living in the DC area we have some horrendous traffic so sitting on the bike at idle would create a ton of heat under the right thigh. I will say that this did significantly reduce the heat. I did not do this for a performance gain so I can not give any feedback on that. I am mildly mechanically inclined and was able to do this install myself.

Good luck.

Old 05-21-2013, 08:12 AM
nevets61
Road Master
Received 49 Likes on 36 Posts

Been running fulsac true dual conversion on my 07 SG for the last 4 years, no problems and absolutely love the sound. Great economical system in my opinion... Only advice I'd give if you decide not to wrap them is to contact Harley Goodies here on the forum and purchase the 24" chrome shield for the right side pipe. Much better looking than putting the two factory shields together.

Old 05-21-2013, 01:26 PM
HD BUD
Cruiser

Originally Posted by nevets61
Been running fulsac true dual conversion on my 07 SG for the last 4 years, no problems and absolutely love the sound. Great economical system in my opinion... Only advice I'd give if you decide not to wrap them is to contact Harley Goodies here on the forum and purchase the 24" chrome shield for the right side pipe. Much better looking than putting the two factory shields together.
+1 what nevets61 said called n talked to tom really nice guy got the 24" from him and from the dealer the front extended shield looks awesome id show apic but having hard time loading to this site. bud

Old 05-21-2013, 02:56 PM
cayers
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for posting question, I am thinking about Fullsac also and will keep an eye on this thread.

Old 05-21-2013, 10:34 PM
TO34
Road Warrior
Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by backplay
The following information is taken directly from the Stahl Headers website. Stahl headers, if you haven't heard of them before, are one of the few premier makers of headers for race cars only. This info came from their FAQ section. http://www.stahlheaders.com/

Should I use a Header Wrap?
NO! ABSOLUTELY NOT. There is nothing that will damage a header faster than the use of a header wrap, other than attacking it with a hammer or shot gun. As advertised, these wraps do keep the majority of exhaust gas temperatures within the header. The result is the wraps will prohibit the header tubing from cooling properly. If you reduce the ability for headers to dissipate adequate heat properly, the result will be premature failure of the metal. Depending upon the application use and temperatures involved, the life can be reduced to only a few hours. We consider exhaust wraps to be the header manufacturer's best friend. (Meaning you'll be buying replacement headers often.)

IMPORTANT: Use of header wraps will void any warranty.
Outstanding I am now a lot smarter... thanks

Originally Posted by viiiball
I installed the Fullsac True Dual kit on my 2007 UC. I did it purely for heat reduction. I ride a lot during the summer and commute frequently on the bike. Living in the DC area we have some horrendous traffic so sitting on the bike at idle would create a ton of heat under the right thigh. I will say that this did significantly reduce the heat. I did not do this for a performance gain so I can not give any feedback on that. I am mildly mechanically inclined and was able to do this install myself.

Good luck.

Good lord you are not kidding NJ is getting some early heat & sitting in traffic on the way home was a pain.

Learned two things.. A. don't wrap the pipes B. I can lose some of the heat issues.
Sounds like a win to me. Less heat more riding.

Old 06-04-2013, 06:47 AM
Okiephillip
Advanced

Thanks for the info guys. I ordered a Full Sac True Dual kit to replace a cracked crossover pipe. I found a crack in my crossover pipe during this yeas Rolling Thunder. I'll post some results once I put a couple of hundred miles.

I ride in DC Traffic too and hope the Ladds will be cooler with the true duals.

Ride Safe.

Quick Reply: Fullsac True Dual Coversion, thoughts