Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'13 Ultra Limited Saddle options?

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2013, 04:41 PM
Peter17
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '13 Ultra Limited Saddle options?

I just got my 2013 Ultra limited last week. Of course I love it...all but the stock saddle that is! I'm 5'4"; 30" inseam. Altering Pillow-Look seats on 2 previous Ultras (and lowering front & rear on the last one) worked well enough to get my feet flat on the ground. I really don't want to lower this new one and don't want to buy a saddle, only to have to modify it. I've got thick soled boots which helps. I consider the Sundowner, but would also like heat if possible, without going to a custom. The expense of custom saddles (especially with heat) seems prohibitive. If I can't get my feet on the ground & heat, I'll forgo the heat. Generally I ride solo & periodically my wife will ride, especially on a longer trip (which I'm planing more of this year). Am I asking too much to get my feet on the ground, comfort on a long trip, AND heat? What do you think? Any suggestion will be seriously appreciated.

Old 05-25-2013, 06:24 PM
mkguitar
Extreme HDF Member
Received 393 Likes on 335 Posts

I saw you posted this question the other day...

you said you liked the seat on your 08...see if you can get it back- or do the same mod.

the sundowner may be too high

Mike

Last edited by mkguitar; 05-25-2013 at 06:29 PM.
Old 05-25-2013, 10:28 PM
roadglider1
Cruiser
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Have you considered the Harley hammock, it is also available with heat.
Not sure about the height but your dealer may have a non heated demo
you could try.

Old 05-25-2013, 11:10 PM
DannyZ71
Extreme HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Honestly, I wonder why anyone needs a heated seat. I ran two winters on my bike now without a heated seat. I'm talking thin, nylon type duty pants (security), with only those and leather chaps between me and the cold. Road in temps down to 13 degrees several times. At no time did my butt get cold. In fact, only thing that bothered me was my finger tips as the windshield on the RKs don't block enough wind from your hands. I used a balaclava under a 3/4 helmet, leather jacket, and leather chaps. That's it. No thermal underwear, etc.

Old 05-26-2013, 08:20 AM
prostar
Club Member
Received 45 Likes on 30 Posts

Corbin duel touring seat sits you lower but also slides you back some

Old 05-26-2013, 08:25 AM
checkers
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 273 Likes on 237 Posts

Originally Posted by Peter17
I just got my 2013 Ultra limited last week. Of course I love it...all but the stock saddle that is! I'm 5'4"; 30" inseam. Altering Pillow-Look seats on 2 previous Ultras (and lowering front & rear on the last one) worked well enough to get my feet flat on the ground. I really don't want to lower this new one and don't want to buy a saddle, only to have to modify it. I've got thick soled boots which helps. I consider the Sundowner, but would also like heat if possible, without going to a custom. The expense of custom saddles (especially with heat) seems prohibitive. If I can't get my feet on the ground & heat, I'll forgo the heat. Generally I ride solo & periodically my wife will ride, especially on a longer trip (which I'm planing more of this year). Am I asking too much to get my feet on the ground, comfort on a long trip, AND heat? What do you think? Any suggestion will be seriously appreciated.
The Ultimate is the best breathable seat on the market, PERIOD. Go to their website to review the reach seat and if heat and 2013 avail. They are pricey, but they are the best. The seat is designed narrower in the front and you sit in the seat, not on the seat, these to areas allow feet closer to the ground, yet gaining comfort.

Old 05-26-2013, 09:05 AM
Peter17
Novice
Default Saddle helo...

Thanks so much guys, this has, for sure been helpful. I rode for a LOT of years, before they even made heated seats, and only 2 yrs ago, when I jumped from Harley to Goldwing, did I have any experience with heat! It's great, but I'll forgo it...my wife...well, she's a harder sell, but I think, after I read your comment Danny, might be coming around! Thanks man...and I will look more carefully at "Ultimates" Checkers, as well a make a glance at Hammocks RoadGlider, but frankly, they did look a bit high for me. I'm staying open to more suggestions about this & will not be hasty. It does now, look like heat is less a priority. Thanx again....

Peter

Old 05-26-2013, 09:09 AM
FXR_Hamster
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Think some HD dealers offer Seat Demos that you can swap out and test ride, if there is one factory seat that might help. I myself would like a little lower on my Ltd due to Hip injury and surgical screws, so post your results if you can.

good luck

Old 05-26-2013, 05:15 PM
Peter17
Novice

Thanks for the suggestion Mike...at this point, I have no clue where that beautiful, stage II '08 Ultra is (if ever I regretted selling a bike...oh well, done now!). I'll definately post what I find for you Hamster. I've got a fairly serious lower back problem & last Jan, had my hip swapped out too! Good luck with yours. You'll hear something when I've found the match!