Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bike To Bike Intercom.

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2007, 10:23 AM
StreetGlide2006
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bike To Bike Intercom.

Been looking for an intercom system. Thinking about Chatterbox. Anyone have experiance with them or other suggestions? Do they work with the CB`s the guys on the Ultras have?

Thanks for any input.

Ride Safe,

Mike

Old 02-24-2007, 11:03 AM
Grover
Admin "Kicking The Crap Out Of Spammers"

Received 252 Likes on 122 Posts
Default RE: Bike To Bike Intercom.

Chatterbox is junk.

I bought one with the CB. Too much background noise, static and interference. I took it down to the Chatterbox USA distributor and they worked on the system for over two hours and said that it was as good as it gets. I didn't get a block away before the static and interference were too much to stand. I sent it back for a refund.

Bought an Autocom. No problems. It is more expensive, but the price has long been forgotten and it is a joy to be able to communicate. They are compatable with CB radios, cell phones and GMSR radios.

www.autocomamerica.com

Old 02-24-2007, 11:36 AM
pointswhat
Road Captain

Been looking around and the cheapest solution I've come up with is frs/gmrs radios and a headset. For the headset check out the rocketmate headset, it even comes with a push to talk button that mounts on the bar so its convenient to use. shop around for the headset though thats just the first link that came up.

Also a tip don't use the vox (voice activated feature) unless everyone in the group is using it, If its on and your yelling across to your buddy without a radio your yelling in the ears of those that do! LOL

Old 02-24-2007, 11:58 AM
harley0711
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 94 Likes on 80 Posts

I started looking a few years back and found if you want either rider/passanger or bike to bike = if you are looking for cheap - be prepared for "crap". Cheap just will not cut it..... I ended up with autocom - rider to passanger or bike to bike....

If you really want clear talking - be prpared to lay out $$$$$.

I tried to save $$$ ended up trashing the junk and getting autocom - finally it works...

http://www.autocomamerica.com/comparisons.cfm

Old 02-24-2007, 12:06 PM
electaRICK
Extreme HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

makes my ol string, and bean cans, look a little outdated??!!

Old 02-24-2007, 12:29 PM
nmfxstc
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I ruun with another Ultra and a Goldwing and we use our CB radios (Ch 1 or 40) to commo on the road. Our other rider is on a Honda VTX and has a power amp for his Ipod and speakers on his handlebars...how/what can he use to send and receive CB traffic? We thought of a hand held CB radio, but if there is another alternative????

Old 02-24-2007, 04:20 PM
StreetGlide2006
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: harley0711

I started looking a few years back and found if you want either rider/passanger or bike to bike = if you are looking for cheap - be prepared for "crap". Cheap just will not cut it..... I ended up with autocom - rider to passanger or bike to bike....

If you really want clear talking - be prpared to lay out $$$$$.

I tried to save $$$ ended up trashing the junk and getting autocom - finally it works...

http://www.autocomamerica.com/comparisons.cfm
I just started looking today. We are riding with a group of Gold Wings in May and thought it would be nice to be able to hear them bad mouthing our Harleys. I will check out all options I can find but they will only be used a few times a year so did not want to put to much money into them. I do agree, for the most part you get what you pay for.

Ride Safe,

Mike

Old 02-24-2007, 04:26 PM
UltraKla$$ic
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 31 Likes on 12 Posts

ORIGINAL: nmfxstc

I ruun with another Ultra and a Goldwing and we use our CB radios (Ch 1 or 40) to commo on the road. Our other rider is on a Honda VTX and has a power amp for his Ipod and speakers on his handlebars...how/what can he use to send and receive CB traffic? We thought of a hand held CB radio, but if there is another alternative????
My dad uses a J&M on his Honda Shadow and loves it. It picked up reception when our Goldwings were coughing and sputtering. He has the headset as well. About $400 bucks if I remember correctly.

J&M...Click hereand HERE

Old 02-26-2007, 10:37 AM
websterdan
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The below head set and radio work ok, the radio is cheaper else where (Wal-Mart)

http://www.radiogadgets.com/motorcycle-headset.html

http://www.radiogadgets.com/75822.html

Old 03-01-2007, 11:52 AM
BOARGAURD
Road Master
Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

for those with autocomms.... where can you mount these on an EG and how do the cords hook up for the headsets?

Quick Reply: Bike To Bike Intercom.