Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Backseat Bag for Electra Glide Classic

Old 06-17-2013, 11:03 PM
Sparkee...
Road Master
Received 226 Likes on 142 Posts
Cool Backseat Bag for Electra Glide Classic

Finally getting around to setting up my new 2013 Electra Glide Classic for touring. Rather than filling the Tour-Pak with luggage and since most of my riding will be solo I have been looking at luggage for the backseat which could also be used for a backrest. Right now I'm looking at Harley's Premium Rolling Bag, T-Bag's Backseat bag and Saddlemen's BR3400. The only reason the Harley bag is on the list is for the wheels and I'll probably opt for one of the latter two mainly for their options and price.

T-Bags looks like it requires a rack to secure the top of the bag. I opted for the Tour-Pak Spoiler kit which I had mounted with no intentions of adding a luggage rack. The Harley bag looks like it requires a sissy bar for mounting. The Saddlemen looks like the best option for mounting although I think I would prefer not using the Versa mount under the seat.

Since the spoiler is not mounted to allow for a rack is there any other type of smaller anchoring point which could be added to the top of my Tour-Pak?

Can any of these bags be securely mounted by 4 points at the bottom of the bags similar to the Saddlemen's Versa mount but using more permanently mounted hardware? I would even be open to adding Harley's Passenger Grab Rail or similar hardware for securing the bag rather than the Vera mount.

Any other ideas and options would be appreciated.

Old 06-17-2013, 11:11 PM
AlaskaAviator
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I use this one, SDP2500DS Roller Sissy Bar Bag with Studs. It has D rings and comes with good straps. We tie it off to the bar under the seat and to the tour pack rack. Would not have to tie to the rack if you don't have one. Another thing with saddleman, their warranty is stellar.

Old 06-17-2013, 11:29 PM
Larry the Landlord
Road Captain
Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts

I have the Saddleman and love it. I tie it to the saddlebag guards and the sissy bar.

Old 06-18-2013, 03:39 AM
my67pnycar
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Welcome to TEAM BATWING!! Here is a bag from fleabay, might be exactly what you want.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/SADDLEMEN-BA...90f935&vxp=mtr

Old 06-18-2013, 04:30 AM
mkguitar
Extreme HDF Member
Received 393 Likes on 335 Posts

I use the big tbag.

it fits great and I adjust stuff in the front pocket ( like maps) to control lumbar support.

If you have the passenger grab bars, that is a really handy place to attach the straps.

here it is on my old Evo

I have also used a sleeping bag in that position, when carrying less stuff, or the H-D sac bag which is shown on the tourpak rack in the pic

Mike

Last edited by mkguitar; 06-18-2013 at 04:33 AM.