Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HD LED Headlight Operation

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2013, 10:13 PM
larry5601
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HD LED Headlight Operation

I just bought a HD LED headlight for my FLHX. When the low beams are on the top light is on. When the high beams are on only the bottom light is on. The lights on the sides of the two main lights are on all the time.

The light I took out was a two bulb halogen light and on High beam both bulbs were on. How is the HD LED light supposed to work.

Old 06-19-2013, 10:16 PM
K Melancon
Road Warrior
Received 132 Likes on 92 Posts

Just like you described the LED

Old 06-20-2013, 12:44 AM
Brusier1028
Tourer

Just how you said it. The Low beam might turn off when the High beam is on. I have the Truck lite Phase 7 its awesome.
You will have to make an adjustment for the new light.

Old 06-20-2013, 12:46 AM
larry5601
Cruiser

Originally Posted by K Melancon
Just like you described the LED
Thnaks for the info. Just wanted to make sure that it is working right for all the money that it cost.

Old 06-20-2013, 04:39 AM
vegashd
Banned

Working great, you'll love it!!

Old 06-20-2013, 10:02 AM
larry5601
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Brusier1028
Just how you said it. The Low beam might turn off when the High beam is on. I have the Truck lite Phase 7 its awesome.
You will have to make an adjustment for the new light.
I bought the Truck Lite for my flht. I was interested in seeing which did the best job. Where did you get the light aiming instructions for the Truck Lite, they came with the HD light.

Old 08-08-2015, 09:18 AM
fenmore
Advanced

I had the same problem with my 2015 road glide and it comes with the led head light. I took the bike to the dealer after talking to them on the phone and them telling me they couldn't do anything for me. If you had your light installed at the dealer they changed your setting in the body control module and if not you should had both on when your high beams are on. Get them to change it back and you will have both low and high beams when your on high beams. There is a big difference. The setting in the BCM now for my bike is standard and halogen and I have both low and high beams on when on high beams. Now you light will be worth the money you paid for it.

Last edited by fenmore; 08-08-2015 at 02:34 PM.
Old 08-08-2015, 11:01 AM
dansflhti
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 50 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by fenmore
I had the same problem with my 2015 road glide and it comes with the led head light. I told the bike to the dealer after talking to them on the phone and them telling me they couldn't do anything for me. If you had your light installed at the dealer they changed your setting in the body control module and if not you should had both on when your high beams are on. Get them to change it back and you will have both low and high beams when your on high beams. There is a big difference. The setting in the BCM now for my bike is standard and halogen and I have both low and high beams on when on high beams. Now you light will be worth the money you paid for it.
Do you have the LED reflector light or the projector?

Old 08-08-2015, 02:32 PM
fenmore
Advanced

I have the reflector. It does not matter which lite you have. If you have a non LED lite that you have both beams on when on high beams and change it yourself you will get both beams on when on high beams. If the dealer changes it and changes the BCM to LED you will only have your high beam on when on high beam and only low beam on when on low beam.

Last edited by fenmore; 08-08-2015 at 03:54 PM.
Old 08-08-2015, 03:17 PM
TcHunter
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Do you have the Daymaker projector? I have he Daymaker reflector on my SGS and the reflector allows both high and low at the same time.

Quick Reply: HD LED Headlight Operation