Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stage I Download, affect 'Parade Mode' ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2013, 07:58 PM
ftworthcowboy
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Stage I Download, affect 'Parade Mode' ?

Last week I finished up my Stage I, already had Samson Bullet Mufflers, had Arlen Ness Big Sucker installed. Rode to Harley Dealer and had Stage I Download done. Now I have no more 'Parade Mode". I have tried to turn it on with throttle forward and ignition on and motor off but no Cruise light.

Bike runs great with a noticeable improvement since Stage I. Anyone else lose Parade Mode with Stage I Download.?

I cant remember the Initials for Parade Mode.

Old 08-01-2013, 08:00 PM
GriffinDenim13FLHX
Road Warrior
Received 119 Likes on 90 Posts

If they are using Screaming Eagle super tuner. There is an option in the software to enable or disable that option. If it was on .I wonder why they would turn it off? Weird

Old 08-01-2013, 08:43 PM
Sam2010
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 216 Likes on 157 Posts

Even with the tuner disabling You can still enable/disable. I do not remember exactly I would double check in the book to make sure you're doing it right. Or go back and ask questions at Harley where you had down load.

Old 08-01-2013, 08:45 PM
ftworthcowboy
Road Captain

I know the procedure I am using is correct because I have done it before and even showed my riding buddy how to enable and disable it on his bike.

Old 08-01-2013, 08:47 PM
2>4
Road Captain

I have the stage 1 download and I can still enable/ disable the EITMS (Engine Idle Temperature Management System).

Old 08-01-2013, 10:29 PM
MontyCop05
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I had a full stage one done on mine and it still works fine. I know on mine (ultra) To enable/disable EITMS mode, when the bike is off, and ignition is on, roll the throttle forward and hod it until the cruise light comes on then release. If its lights up green, then you have enabled it. Red and you've disabled it. (Note this procedure can vary slightly by model, consult your shop/owners manual and there will be a section on it.)

Last edited by MontyCop05; 08-01-2013 at 10:32 PM.
Old 08-02-2013, 01:55 AM
AB Productions
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

+1...I have a stage 1 download and I can still enable/disable it. It does not kick in as often since it runs a lot cooler now.

Old 08-02-2013, 03:11 AM
my67pnycar
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

The download should not of messed with the parade mode. If it was working prior to the download and you are doing it correctly without success, take it back and let em know. If they are a good dealer they should make it right, on the other hand its going to be hard to prove it was working before the download if they disagree. Hope it works out for you.

Old 08-02-2013, 06:58 AM
ftworthcowboy
Road Captain

Originally Posted by my67pnycar6
The download should not of messed with the parade mode. If it was working prior to the download and you are doing it correctly without success, take it back and let em know. If they are a good dealer they should make it right, on the other hand its going to be hard to prove it was working before the download if they disagree. Hope it works out for you.
Took it back, they fixed it and it is working now.

Old 08-02-2013, 07:30 AM
my67pnycar
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Good deal cowboy, glad you got her fixed. What was wrong with it, inquiring minds want to know?

Quick Reply: Stage I Download, affect 'Parade Mode' ?