Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (http://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   Touring Models (http://www.hdforums.com/forum/touring-models-11/)
-   -   New hd Daymaker headlight? (http://www.hdforums.com/forum/touring-models/901250-new-hd-daymaker-headlight.html)

Timusa 08-22-2013 09:10 AM

Daymaker Reflector LED Headlamp

1 Attachment(s)
Not agree with Truck Light version – their passing lamps are completely different.
Also, HD states that Daymaker Reflector is DOT and ECE certified, which Truck Lite is not.
To me, it looks more like Peterson 701C LED Headlight.

pmledheadlights.com/specifications/

Garemlin 08-22-2013 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timusa (Post 11671439)
Not agree with Truck Light version – their passing lamps are completely different.
Also, HD states that Daymaker Reflector is DOT and ECE certified, which Truck Lite is not.
To me, it looks more like Peterson 701C LED Headlight.

pmledheadlights.com/specifications/

Might very well be. If so there is yet another option. But IMO this looks like a rip-off of the TL7 design.

Jim2012FLHRC 10-12-2013 11:20 AM

I recently purchased the new 67700189 headlight for a 13 FLSTC, it was very loose in the headlight bucket took it back to dealer, there fix was to put double faced tape at the tabs, it is tight now just have to keep an eye for it to loosen up over time. The light works well and is very bright, it is different than trucklite phase 7 in the fact that it does not stick out past stock headlight ring. According to packaging it will fit 91 and up FLSTC, there are some 14 models that you have to purchase a harness for.

DonnieI 05-25-2014 09:10 AM

Does anyone know how to listen to the radio and not have headlight on when the engine is off? This is the 2014 ultra limited special use to be Cvo

Softy 103 05-25-2014 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cass (Post 11671198)
the new led lights look better, i think, than the older ones with all the little circles in them.....however, i hear the older ones really lit up the night. will be interesting to hear about the newer ones.

I'm just the opposite I think the projector Day makers are better looking than the TL style.

sfcmo357 05-25-2014 11:14 AM

Just completed 2,000 miles from NC to Canada and back…through the mountains of PA, NY and into Canada….night riding around Lake Ontario, Toronto, and back into NY out in the middle of no where. Here is my review….this new reflective light is awesome. My riding buddies thanked me for lighting up the road for them because I rode in the back. People complain about the projector style, but I love this reflective style. No issues at all and never even used high beam on the trip except during day driving. I laughed each time I saw street signs lit up like christmas trees and each time I looked far left and right to see the entire side of the road illuminated.

sfcmo357 05-25-2014 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DonnieI (Post 12771380)
Does anyone know how to listen to the radio and not have headlight on when the engine is off? This is the 2014 ultra limited special use to be Cvo

accessory setting

cynjon 05-25-2014 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sfcmo357 (Post 12771705)
Just completed 2,000 miles from NC to Canada and back…through the mountains of PA, NY and into Canada….night riding around Lake Ontario, Toronto, and back into NY out in the middle of no where. Here is my review….this new reflective light is awesome. My riding buddies thanked me for lighting up the road for them because I rode in the back. People complain about the projector style, but I love this reflective style. No issues at all and never even used high beam on the trip except during day driving. I laughed each time I saw street signs lit up like christmas trees and each time I looked far left and right to see the entire side of the road illuminated.

Thanks for the review...looks like the H-D Daymaker reflector light needs to be on my wish list.

J_ULTRA 05-25-2014 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FLHTCU Owner (Post 11669696)
$760 for the set ..... I'll keep my TL's.

:icon_ditto:

FL450 05-25-2014 05:08 PM

A buddy has the Daymaker and matching passing lights. All three have condensation inside the bulbs. Dealer would not warranty it. I went with Trucklite.
http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...w/Daymaker.jpg