Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Handlebar recommendations

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2013, 09:09 PM
MannyGA
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Handlebar recommendations

I bought my 1st harley last month, an 06 RKC with stock seat and handlebars. I'm 5'10" and feel slouched when riding. I'm looking for suggestions on how to make the riding position more comfortable. I read the RK high bar is a good choice? Thks

Old 08-22-2013, 05:13 AM
TracerBullet
Supporter
Received 5,190 Likes on 2,822 Posts

I felt the same way. I chose the HD 2 inch pull back bars.
I also have a driver backrest.
They are actually being installed today so I am curious to see how they work when I pick my ride up tonight

Old 08-22-2013, 05:25 AM
Iceman24
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 2,220 Likes on 1,622 Posts

Just bought a set of LA Choppers Primeapes from Handlebar Louie (forum vendor) and I don't think many can beat his prices...if you find some after-market bars of your liking - might want to PM Louie & see if he can get you a set...cheaper. Good Luck!

Old 08-22-2013, 06:30 AM
Keithhu
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,362 Likes on 2,617 Posts

I'm 5-10, here's my road king (since traded) with 14" bars - extremely comfortable. Consider a backrest as well.

Old 08-22-2013, 06:48 AM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,851 Likes on 2,419 Posts
Wink

Originally Posted by MannyGA
I bought my 1st harley last month, an 06 RKC with stock seat and handlebars. I'm 5'10" and feel slouched when riding. I'm looking for suggestions on how to make the riding position more comfortable. I read the RK high bar is a good choice? Thks
Before you start spending any money, your current bars are adjustable, so try that first. If they are low, causing you to slouch, rotate them upwards a little, which can transform things.

I had the opposite problem with my bike, I was having to reach to get to the bars. It took me a few goes to get them just right, but they are fine now! Cost zero, just took a little time.

Old 08-22-2013, 06:59 AM
cass
Road Warrior
Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

i took a "ride like a pro" class and the instructor had some Wild 1 10" Chubbys on his bike. i sat on it and they felt really good. thats probably going to be my next modification. here is a link to the site. shows some good examples in comparisonheights. http://www.wild1inc.com/
agree backrest helps a lot.

Old 08-22-2013, 07:07 AM
Notgrownup
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 6,324 Likes on 3,269 Posts

Try to find somebody with a RK with different bars, somebody that is your size and ask them if you can sit on the bike to try...that is what i did... Hang at the dealership and just lok around... I wanted 12" bagger apes and found a guy who had them on his E glide and tried them and loved them and bought them...I would say 10 or 12" mini apes but you will have to chose that yourself...

Old 08-22-2013, 08:40 AM
PFR-Captain
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am 5'9 and had beach bars on my bike previous owner had installed. They looked cool but I would never be able to keep those. I went with Krome Werks Heritage Fat bars with 10" rise. They are 33" wide which was perfect for me. Love them and wire are now internally placed for a clean look. Price was $165 from Dennis Kirk.

Old 08-22-2013, 10:15 AM
MannyGA
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for all the advice. I can see there's no set answer and at the same time trial and error can be expensive. I'll try adjusting the stock bar. On my last bike (BMW R1200C), I installed a 4 inch riser that worked well so all I think I need are some bars that allow will extend a few inches back towards me. I tried the stock backrest but that forces me to sit too forward on the bike. Tracerbullet, let me know how you make out.

Old 01-26-2014, 07:39 PM
jgrohio
Tourer
Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Iceman24
Just bought a set of LA Choppers Primeapes from Handlebar Louie (forum vendor) and I don't think many can beat his prices...if you find some after-market bars of your liking - might want to PM Louie & see if he can get you a set...cheaper. Good Luck!
I cant find him listed anywhere

Quick Reply: Handlebar recommendations