Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 Infotainment gps - pathetic

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2014, 03:37 AM
eqcons
Tourer
Received 73 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by ULTRARIDER38
another thing, the instructions have 3 options for the aux input, 1) Audio only, 2) tone detection only and 3) both audio AND Tone detection. when the tech pulled up that screen on the DT software, he only had two options. 1) interrupt tone detection only and 2) interrupt tone detect and add device to mode list. so there again, not sure why the discrepancy,
No, there are three options to enable it - the two you list and the one above it "YES". That first one ("YES") is what you should select unless you have a Harley branded Garmin, which sends the interrupt tone.

Attached Thumbnails 2014 Infotainment gps - pathetic-digitech2.jpg  
Old 09-19-2014, 08:05 AM
TimLScheffer
Road Captain
Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Problem Solved...

http://www.hdforums.com/forum/new-ru...-question.html Lets do it..

Attached Thumbnails 2014 Infotainment gps - pathetic-harley-aux-input-knife.jpg   2014 Infotainment gps - pathetic-harley-aux-new-plug.jpg   2014 Infotainment gps - pathetic-harley-auxx-plug-on-bike.jpg   2014 Infotainment gps - pathetic-harley-auxx-new-pice-with-number.jpg   2014 Infotainment gps - pathetic-pinche.jpg  

Last edited by TimLScheffer; 09-19-2014 at 08:31 AM.
Old 09-25-2014, 07:43 PM
Packers-FLSTC
Intermediate
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Angry Nav system sucks - Go Garmin

OK, we all agree that the Nav. system in the Boom Box is not worth a pinch of s____t.
Here is an easy fix, get a suction cup GPS holder and mount a Garmin on your windshield.
Really, I wish HD would just contract with Garmin to install their system in the Boom Box and add the options to do Twistys, scenic rides and the like. The Garmin is a proven nav system.

Old 09-26-2014, 12:19 AM
offthewall
Stellar HDF Member
Received 82 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by Packers-FLSTC
OK, we all agree that the Nav. system in the Boom Box is not worth a pinch of s____t. Here is an easy fix, get a suction cup GPS holder and mount a Garmin on your windshield. Really, I wish HD would just contract with Garmin to install their system in the Boom Box and add the options to do Twistys, scenic rides and the like. The Garmin is a proven nav system.
I don't agree with that at all.

I don't need more than 9 waypoints and have never used a Garmin unit. I have no issue with the feature set of the infotainment system. I

do with that they could get their crap together and squash the bugs but the basic system is fine for me and I bet MOST riders.

Sent from my iPhone using IB AutoGroup

Old 09-26-2014, 08:12 AM
GARY DYER
Elite HDF Member

Received 689 Likes on 412 Posts

Compared to a Garmin, it is a POS, but it does basic work - BASIC.
If you had used a Garmin you'ld know.

I was really surprised H-D didn't use Garmin or at the very least TomTom or Magelin - something American.

I don't use any waypoints - I only enter destinations, maybe 20 or 30 on each of my trips.

Thank god I kept my Zumo and I use it with a suction cup attached to the gas cap. I enter all my destinations (20) into it in the time it takes me to enter 2 or 3 destinations into the H-D unit.

On a scale of 1 to 10
Garmin = 9.5
H-D GPS = 4
Paper map = 2
Wife on back seat with map = 11

Old 09-26-2014, 08:23 AM
sixgun95
Tourer
Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by drew4jan
Exactly why I'm waiting until next year. A lot of new technology there for them to work the bugs out of!
I am just really curious why you stole my avatar which happens to be mine? Not cool!

Old 09-26-2014, 08:46 AM
offthewall
Stellar HDF Member
Received 82 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by sixgun95
I am just really curious why you stole my avatar which happens to be mine? Not cool!
That's YOUR ***?

Lol

Old 09-26-2014, 09:08 AM
touchdown
Supporter

Received 1,659 Likes on 946 Posts

My 2014 has GPS I only use it when I get lost always check a map out first GPS is not always right. Most of the time I just don't give a **** sometimes I use my home to get back home. I did learn one thing you got to set it for what roads ie: interstates, toll roads,sence
, and so on each time you use it. I agree it a piece of **** compaired with a cheep TOM TOM or one of the other ones, but it gets me home. By the way I did not buy the bike for the GPS.

Old 09-26-2014, 11:40 AM
GARY DYER
Elite HDF Member

Received 689 Likes on 412 Posts

I didn't either. I bought it for the WHOLE package. 100+ updates - most great.

Old 09-18-2015, 09:45 AM
jasonh1966
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OP is a "true rider"

I've seen a bunch of people in this thread lecturing the OP on what "true riding" or a "true rider" is all about.

Give me a break. True riding is whatever the rider wants it to be. True riding is a butt on a seat on two wheels with handlebars, an engine, and a big grin. What one person thinks about what makes their ride more or less enjoyable to them isn't up for judgement by the rest of us.

Ride on, OP! Bitch about your GPS! This is America!

I have a love/hate relationship with mine as well.

Now, if you don't use synthetic oil, you're not a true rider. But that's a different issue.

Quick Reply: 2014 Infotainment gps - pathetic