Go Back   Harley Davidson Forums > Harley Davidson Motorcycles > Touring Models
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by: Fuel Moto USA

Welcome to HDForums.com!

P

Old 09-01-2013, 05:51 PM
New Guy
Default 2014 street glide

I'm getting close to pulling the trigger on a new 2014. Street glide. Anybody out there who has one, can u give the low down on it. Ride, power , any quirks. Etc.

Thanks!
Old 09-01-2013, 06:55 PM
One Of The Regulars

Don't have one, but had my dirty hands all over both the 14 SG and SGS. The SGS makes more sense to me if I was getting a new bike. The few hundred bucks gets you pretty decent upgrades. The SGS has the larger infotainment head unit, gloss black inner fairing, color matched fairing skirt, CVO coilover shocks and I'm sure more that I can't remember. I'll wait for a water cooled one maybe in a year or so unless I win the lotto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan60 View Post
Probably one of those deals that you ask 10 guys and get 10 different answers. I'm keeping what I have. I like the look, I like the sound. I don't think you would ever notice the difference on the street. Maybe on the dyno, but I don't ride there.
SECOND BEST!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Canuck View Post
weird? don't know I can't see mine riding down the road
Old 09-01-2013, 06:55 PM
Road Captain

I only have about 250 miles on my SGS. There are no quirks. It is an awesome bike. Much smoother ride than the outgoing model, more torque, and handles like a dream. I love my bike!
Old 09-01-2013, 08:47 PM
Road Master
Location: South Carolina-First to secede and hopefully the next.

Like sozoomme said, great bike. I'm still trying to get the rear shocks dialed in. That compensator makes a hell of a racket when loading and unloading. It seems to be getting better and I have a 500 mile oil change coming up (my choice), so I'll see if some Spectro primary oil will help. Hoping new tranny oil will make neutral a little easier to find. Unless you're coming from a crotch rocket, plenty of power on tap. And the gear ratios seem to be spaced enough so that 6th gear is useable. Roll the throttle in 6th at 65mph and hold on. I'm having trouble getting smooth transitions with the TBW and that hydraulic clutch, while smooth as glass, releases right out at the end. Takeoff seems to require a bit more throttle that I'm used to. And once you get the audio worked out it becomes a non-issue, kinda like the one in your car.
It's smooth, quiet, reasonably comfy, and fast right outta the box. But I've yet to find a cupholder.
Enjoy!! and post pics!!

OPINIONS are like ASSES. Everybody has one, they all have a hole in them, and everyone thinks their's is the only one that doesn't stink.

Last edited by d-streetglidr; 09-01-2013 at 08:53 PM.
Old 09-01-2013, 09:06 PM
Road Warrior

I LOVE MINE.... there is NO comparison to my 2010 street glide the 2014 is hands down a better bike. IMO.

I did not care for the street glide special I don't care for the painted inner fairing and larger infotainment center. Rear shocks I would like to have a upgrade on that. I have been using a ipod nano and the infotainment unit works perfect so far.

The fairing mirrors are even usable for me.
Old 09-01-2013, 10:23 PM

1 week and 1,000 miles later all I can say is my 2014 rides like a dream. No complaints at all.
Old 09-02-2013, 09:33 PM
New Guy

Thanks to all. I experienced some buffering on top of my helmet while doing the test ride, anyone else have this problem? Has anyone replace the stock windshield for a larger one too? I bought the bike! Silver and I did not get the special.
Old 09-02-2013, 11:48 PM
Road Master

I like reading these post...I will be buying a 14' SG soon.

2012 Wide Glide: MODs-Alot...
Old 09-03-2013, 12:04 AM
Road Warrior

For me the vent help buffeting a lot. But Im short 5-5 is Stretching the truth.
Old 09-03-2013, 04:25 AM
Senior Rider

I'm 6-1 and the vent helps a lot but did not eliminate the buffeting. I will add a slightly taller shield when they are available. Probably a 6 or 7" to keep my glasses from moving around. I had a high windshield on my last bike and it sure made my hour commute on the super slab a lot nicer.
Old 09-03-2013, 04:25 AM

P