Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Further review of "14" ultra classic-400mls

Old 10-13-2013, 08:09 PM
Sprinter7x
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Further review of "14" ultra classic-400mls

I'm at over 400 mls. now,and here's my current opinion-Handling-I'm gonna use a Kid Rock line for this-"It ain't cocky if you back it up!" This thing rides and handles so easy, it instills so much confidence it could get a guy in trouble,that is if it didn't deliver and back it up,but it does,it really handles well and is effortless to ride-Now,if you read my 100 mile review you know I came off a RKC,so my opinion is more for a person thinking on going to an electra glide for a first time more so than a current glide owner.Here goes,in my opinion if your on the fence about stepping up to an all out dresser,there's a chance you may not be ready, and heres why-you have heard all the good things about this bike,it is exactly what it was intended to be,but there is a down side to that,that will bother some,you lose a lot of the motorcycle feel with a bike like this,with a bike that's this easy to ride it's not the same riding experience as your used to,it's good,but different.It's taking me some getting used to,sometimes I have to remind myself I'm riding a bike and not let it lull me out of what I'm doing, but it's what I was after for us at this time.-Wind management-After all the hype on this,I will tell you that head buffeting is not nonexistent,but it's very good,My RK buffeted my head to death,that was until I put the fork baffles on a few weeks before I traded it,then is was every bit as good if not better at cutting down the head buffeting as this bike.The only reason I mention this is that apparently head buffeting was a problem on previous glides,but this new vent does do a very good job.The comfort behind the fairing is very good,it sure is nice not getting beat on by the wind. Road manners-I feel crosswinds pushing on this bike more than before,but there is more for winds to hit now with the trunk and fairing,just something a guy stepping up to this will notice and have to get used to,goes with the territory. Performance-My bike perked up a bit today I believe,seemed to pull 6th gear better,but it's still in the doggy stage,my last bike was the same way until about 700mls.,that being said I can see that the extra weight of this bike along with the fairing is gonna work the engine a little harder than what I'm used to,but you cant push a screen door thru the air without resistance,that's just part of the game. Conclusion-This is one fine machine,if you want to take trips or just want to ride all day,your gonna love these bikes.You can take a good ride on this and feel fresh when you get off,not wore out.If your ready for a top of the line touring bike this thing will deliver,In my opinion, I can't think of a bad thing to say about this bike,it really is that good.You will LIKE!-"It aint cocky if you back it up"

Old 10-13-2013, 08:45 PM
bksmoky
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Your review means nothing without pictures!!!

Old 10-13-2013, 08:51 PM
BIGZAYRR
Intermediate

nice keep enjoying it

Old 10-13-2013, 08:53 PM
Sprinter7x
Cruiser

Originally Posted by bksmoky
Your review means nothing without pictures!!!
I can't help it if I'm technology illiterate, I have to wait for help,the wife has some on her phone-but look whose talking,you used a stock photo cheater!

Old 10-14-2013, 06:33 AM
Kinney Falcon
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've got 600 miles on my Limited, and so far loving it.