Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 6.5 boom box info

Old 09-08-2013, 08:49 PM
hanny
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2014 6.5 boom box info

I'm sure its been discussed but on my streetglide special I was pretty pumped about XM and Bluetooth phone. However both don't work stock.

The xm requires a 400$ Harley module to get xm plus install if youre not real handy of around 80-100$. Pretty shi**y they don't include that in the bike for the price.......

The Bluetooth phone stuff requires another module ($400 I think it is to plus install) unless you get the big touring bikes then maybe its included but on the Streetglide its not, you have to get the module plus the connection part and take off the trim part below the gas cap.

Pretty frustrating but im hoping they come out with a Bluetooth headset and it all fixed but who know's................ any thots or disagree let me know. I as the Harley dealers aren't really 100% sure of it all. Ride safe, paul

Old 09-08-2013, 09:05 PM
WolfDog
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You would think if the offer the radio with the feature capability it would be a stand alone package.
However, this is Harley Davidson, the stock holders come first.
All this gab about Project Rushmore and the thousands of riders offering ideas to make the best bike?
I'm not buying it.
This as well as the other issues on the forum regarding the Twin Cooled powerplants pukeing fluid tells me the new packages they are pushing we're nothing more than rushed to market.

The 2010 in my Garage never looked better in my mind than it does right now.

It just sucks to slapped in the face to have to spend another $1600.00 to have the satellite and Bluetooth hot on the package, should already be there.

Old 09-08-2013, 09:10 PM
hanny
Road Captain

Dont get me wrong its still wicked cool technology and streaming the iphone and gps is really sweet,,, that and the H.O. twin cam 103 blows most bikes away,,,,,, very cool bike worth every penny

Old 09-08-2013, 09:10 PM
lgenf
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sucks

Old 09-08-2013, 09:15 PM
d-streetglidr
Road Warrior
Location: South Carolina-First to secede and hopefully the next.
Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

The XM module ain't worth diddly to me. I've had it, and have a lifetime script in the wife's car. I won't do that again.

The bluetooth, however, is included in the 6.5" system. The handsfree requires the HD headset which is on;y on the Limited I believe.

As long as I have bluetooth and Pandora, they can keep the overpriced XM. As for the handsfree...I don't use the phone on the bike anyway. Since it pairs with the phone, I can see the call, just not answer.

Old 09-09-2013, 09:41 AM
Ventoso
Novice
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

While I insisted that I receive the XM module with my new '14, my dealer salesman and service couldn't help being dishonest. They insisted that they install it and that the fee to install this 'complex' hardware is $300. Then they insisted that if I install it, that it would require 'special' dealer programming to activate and 'connect' to the bike and radio. Then they insisted that if I install it that they (the dealer and by extension HD) would void the radio warranty because I do not have the proper training to do such 'complex' work. Then they said that it would void the electrical system warranty too because of the 'new' computer systems on the bike.......

Get real. The install is 8 screws and 15 minutes. The updated firmware changes are loaded from the XM module in about 3 minutes. Install is easier than in earlier bikes. The XM is available for $339 on the net if you look around.

Sure expected more from a relatively new (purchased) dealership that brags resoundingly about their service department. What happened to telling a customer how easy it is to use their new and extremely expensive product???

BTW, there is an Aux Audio input on the rear of the radio, exploring this interface over the next few days... as soon as I get Dealer approval.

Old 09-09-2013, 10:35 AM
DocO
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Ventoso
BTW, there is an Aux Audio input on the rear of the radio, exploring this interface over the next few days... as soon as I get Dealer approval.
VERY good to know. Wonder if there's one on the 4.3 radio.. I've heard a few gripes about not having the line in any longer. What does this port look like?

Old 09-09-2013, 10:48 AM
chgofirefighter
Road Master
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by hanny
I'm sure its been discussed but on my streetglide special I was pretty pumped about XM and Bluetooth phone. However both don't work stock.

The xm requires a 400$ Harley module to get xm plus install if youre not real handy of around 80-100$. Pretty shi**y they don't include that in the bike for the price.......

The Bluetooth phone stuff requires another module ($400 I think it is to plus install) unless you get the big touring bikes then maybe its included but on the Streetglide its not, you have to get the module plus the connection part and take off the trim part below the gas cap.

Pretty frustrating but im hoping they come out with a Bluetooth headset and it all fixed but who know's................ any thots or disagree let me know. I as the Harley dealers aren't really 100% sure of it all. Ride safe, paul
That's doesn't surprise me, thats Harley and their pricing. Everything to take advantage of their supporters, riders enthusiast. $400 extra for this and that, WTH seriously! What will it cost Harley directly from factory to include the additional modules??? Almost nothing! Whats even more amazing that these modules, additional things are all made overseas in China, Asia, etc and it doesn't Harley that much to pass on the savings unto their customers...

I love my Harley but sometimes Harley Davidson pisses me off w their actions...

Old 09-09-2013, 11:21 AM
CurtisO
Tourer

When I bought my 08 Road Glide there was a sign hanging from the handlebars with XM all over it and a listing of the channels. When I got home I found it was $500 bucks to be added. Quite deceptive on Harley's part. I went and added it, used for a year or two. Now I'm using Pandora with an Iphone.

Old 09-09-2013, 12:11 PM
DocO
Cruiser

Speaking of deceptive.. The price tags.. At least at my dealer, they list the options in a white area of the tag, and then below that in orange are the ACTUAL installed options. I was on the way to buying a street glide when we were going over what was installed and found that ABS was not included. I double checked the tag and it had ABS listed and that's when the sales person pointed out that it was an available option. That's just stupid in my opinion. Why have it on the tag at all if it's not on the bike?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2014 6.5 boom box info