Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Reserve Fuel - Magic Tank

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2015, 08:38 AM
FinalShot
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Reserve Fuel - Magic Tank

Have you guys seen this stuff? I saw it this morning on my local news. They took it to a dealer service bay, drained the fuel and then added this. It worked and didn't cause any issues with the car. The butane, pentane, hexane and heptane have been removed and runs at 91 octane. I thought it looked pretty cool. http://www.mymagictank.com/

No, I don't work for the company and I don't sell it or anything. Just thought it looked neat. A half gallon in the saddle bag might not be a bad idea on those trips where gas might be an issue and it won't stink up your bag.

Old 02-19-2015, 08:50 AM
Car Doc
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have had xtra fuel on my travel list to-do for awhile but havent done anything about it. 30 bucks would sure beat a several mile walk out in the middle of no gas in sightsville. thanks if it came in a saddle bag friendly shape id order one now lol.

Last edited by Car Doc; 02-19-2015 at 08:53 AM.
Old 02-19-2015, 08:53 AM
FinalShot
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Old 02-19-2015, 09:16 AM
vzts4q
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Why not just get a Reda 1 gallon can?

http://www.reda-innovations.com/#!reda-gas-can/cmdp

Attached Thumbnails Reserve Fuel - Magic Tank-reda.jpg  
Old 02-19-2015, 09:17 AM
mkguitar
Extreme HDF Member
Received 393 Likes on 335 Posts

$40 a gallon ?

a 1/2 gallon bottle is $20 and maybe will get you 20 miles- IF it works as a fuel

I'm really skeptical on the effects of this stuf in my motorcycle I'll let others test it out.

some Guys carry the reddican.

for myself I know I have a range of 240 miles or so.
Awareness of location bred by years of traveling the boonies makes me plan ahead for fuel (and i gotta pee)

and consider that the fuel pump in the tank is cooled by the fuel- habitual low tank levels will decrease the life of the pump- I rarely allow mine to get under 1/2 tank when I am putting around town.
Touring is another story- I'll run down to that last gallon, if I have a planned stop ahead.

mike

Last edited by mkguitar; 02-19-2015 at 10:43 AM.
Old 02-19-2015, 09:21 AM
Buelligan666
Stellar HDF Member
Received 640 Likes on 333 Posts

$40 A GALLON?!?!?!

Nice concept. But it's a fuel additive. You have to have some fuel left in the tank for this to be useful. As long as you don't run your bike dead before you dump it in it might work.

From their site:
What is MAGIC TANK Emergency Fuel?

MAGIC TANK Emergency Fuel is the world’s first patented NON-FLAMMABLE gasoline derivative. Although, it works like gasoline, it is not gasoline. It contains no volatile butanes, pentane, hexanes or heptanes, and is therefore safe to store in the trunk of your vehicle and used as fuel additive in an emergency “out of gas” situation.

How does MAGIC TANK® Emergency Fuel work?

Even when your vehicle is “out of gas”, some residual gasoline remains in the fuel line and at the bottom of your gas tank. MAGIC TANK Emergency Fuel pushes this residual conventional gasoline into your vehicle’s engine. The residual gasoline can then start your engine and MAGIC TANK keeps the vehicle running.

Old 02-19-2015, 10:13 AM
Spartaman
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have one of those Reda-gas-cans. The concept is great, but it sits overtop your muffler. If you are constantly driving at speed it isn't an issue. If you get stuck in traffic for a time or leave it in there on a hot day, the fumes expand and eventually the gas gets forced out. It takes a while to get the smell of gas out of the abs plastic.

Old 02-19-2015, 10:21 AM
Musician
Road Captain
Received 189 Likes on 136 Posts

Carry a redican on trips, but never fill it completely, so expansion has not been a problem, even in Death Valley last year.Knock on wood, even riding across Lincoln Hwy (Hwy 50) I have never actually needed it. It seems when you are prepared, you don't need it. When you aren't, you do.Murphy"s a bitch.

Old 02-19-2015, 11:06 AM
foxtrapper
HDF Community Team

Received 1,241 Likes on 808 Posts

Kinda big container for a bike. You can buy a smaller can of fuel to carry around for less money from Home Depot and the like.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Unbranded...-203571144-_-N

Old 02-19-2015, 11:53 AM
Don81
Road Captain
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Hahaha. This is brilliant.

Quick Reply: Reserve Fuel - Magic Tank