Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Road Zeppelin Rider Seat Pad for 2014 Limited

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2013, 10:40 PM
rvnkontum
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Road Zeppelin Rider Seat Pad for 2014 Limited

I have a 2014 Limited, just had 2" pullback bars installed and put my Hammock seat from my 2010 Limited on the bike,also have self-adjusting backrest, same combo I had on my 2010. On the 2010 it was total comfort,
on the '14, not so much. The backrest sits too far forward for the Hammock. Put the stock seat back on, not as comfortable on the backside.but accommodates the backrest much better. The stock seat seems to be the same "LOW" seat they came out with for the 2010 to replace the original higher stock seat. I didn't like it then, and I'm not crazy about it now because it is pretty low, and because it makes me feel like I'm right up on the tank, it does put you pretty far forward. I also notice that my legs and feet are right under me instead of angled out towards the front. The seat pad isn't the prettiest thing I've ever looked at, but I thought it might give me the comfort I'm looking for, while at the same time raising me up a little and letting me lean back with my feet out to the front again. i guess I'm looking for an inexpensive quick fix instead of shelling out $500 or $600 for a new seat that may or may not do the job. I f anyone has any experience with this seat pad, I'd sure like to hear your opinion. I did look for Harley's new Hammock for 2014, they have two versions, one will fit '14 touring Bikes without Tour Paks, and the other will not accommodate Adjustable back rests, I can't ride without a backrest, and obviously I have a Tour Pak.

Old 09-13-2013, 11:37 PM
guitarhawg
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 2014 Limited as well...I just got the Airhawk R, which is the same pad as the Harley version...(Airhawk was original)

I really really like the pad. Properly inflated...which is actually with very little air in it...just enough to raise you about 1/2 inch...it is very comfortable. I've not put a whole lot of miles on it yet, but next week I will be putting about 3500 on it, and I'll let you know...all in all, I trust I've got a great one here....

Most, if not all of the reviews I've read on the Airhawk R have been very positive. If you really wanna go with the Harley version, go ahead...but I got the Airhawk off of Amazon for $135 and free shipping.

I chose to go with them because they were the original.

Hope this helps.

Old 09-14-2013, 04:52 AM
RSDUDA
Road Captain
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I am thinking of sending mine out to mean city and having it re-stuffed I like the seat for about the first hour then I have had enough after an hour or so it's like your ridding on the frame

Old 09-14-2013, 05:28 AM
bobros
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have the same setup. I found that the 14' Hammock moves the backrest further away from my tailbone. By turning the adjustment screw all the way in I was able to get the backrest to touch my back. I'm going to get a longer screw to move the pad further forward.

Old 09-14-2013, 06:19 AM
rvnkontum
Tourer

Originally Posted by guitarhawg
I have a 2014 Limited as well...I just got the Airhawk R, which is the same pad as the Harley version...(Airhawk was original)

I really really like the pad. Properly inflated...which is actually with very little air in it...just enough to raise you about 1/2 inch...it is very comfortable. I've not put a whole lot of miles on it yet, but next week I will be putting about 3500 on it, and I'll let you know...all in all, I trust I've got a great one here....

Most, if not all of the reviews I've read on the Airhawk R have been very positive. If you really wanna go with the Harley version, go ahead...but I got the Airhawk off of Amazon for $135 and free shipping.

I chose to go with them because they were the original.

Hope this helps.
Helps a lot, thanks. My dealer is having a big BBQ, "roll out the '14's" party today. They're offering 15% discount, and of course free shipping, so that's 15% off 129.95, so I guess that's the way I have to go. Hope this works for me as well as it did for you. Look forward to hearing how your ride goes, will post again after getting my pad.

Old 09-14-2013, 06:45 AM
Jerry1834
Road Warrior
Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Had a Zepp set since 09 and moved it over to my 2011...to me its the answer when it comes to seats and a long haul. Just had to replace the switch cause the o rings dry out...$50 with a self install.

I know the seat ain't cheap but worth it.....my 2 cents

Old 09-14-2013, 06:51 AM
rvnkontum
Tourer

Originally Posted by Jerry1834
Had a Zepp set since 09 and moved it over to my 2011...to me its the answer when it comes to seats and a long haul. Just had to replace the switch cause the o rings dry out...$50 with a self install.

I would consider it, but it doesn't accept rider backrest, can't ride without it, gonna have to go with the pad and hope for the best!

Old 09-14-2013, 06:58 AM
Jerry1834
Road Warrior
Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

My seat has the backrest slot. Didn't think they changed them.

Old 09-14-2013, 02:37 PM
rvnkontum
Tourer

Got the pad this morning, been riding with it all day, still making up my mind, every now and then it feels wonderful, once in awhile, it feels STRANGE! I have to dial in the backrest and the pad, I get them just where I want them, and then I decide to "tweek" it, so of course, then I have to start all over again. Don't kid yourself, this is Rocket Science! I like being able to inflate and deflate the pad on the go. I'm wondering if I should leave it on when I park, or lock it away, I like to be trusting but...

Old 09-14-2013, 03:29 PM
rvnkontum
Tourer

Originally Posted by Jerry1834

Just put my Old Hammock back on, I'm giving it one more shot to see if I can make it work. I have a 70 mile Vet's Memorial Run in the morning, by the time it's over, I'll know.

Quick Reply: Road Zeppelin Rider Seat Pad for 2014 Limited