Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New forum category

Old 09-15-2013, 02:30 PM
dickey
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,472 Likes on 2,475 Posts
Default New forum category

A lot of you here know that Dickey doesn't like a lot of new stuff, or "change" as it were(big secret, huh?). Yea, I'm an "old skool" kinda guy. Just look at my haircut (or lack thereof).

Now, I don't mean to offend anyone, but I'm one of those guys who feels that GPS, stereos, Ipods,CBs, infotainment; etc, doesn't belong on a bike. If you are one of those who is addicted to electronics & "being connected" like some teenage chick at the mall, well fine. But that's a whole lotta crapola that just costs money, takes up space, adds weight, and has the potential to screw up, which they usually do. I have been getting places without a GPS for 40 years; don't need to start being helpless now.

Anyway, my pernt is this: How about a separate category for all you people who are addicted to this electronic cra...er stuff? I get tired of perusing the columns & half of the posts are about stereos, Ipods, GPS,amps, speakers, BOOM this & that, etc. Many people like me have zero interest in that garb...er stuff. This way, y'all get your own column, & people who are into BIKES & not electronics can read clear & unfettered of this jun...er, stuff. heck, even the women get their own category where they can talk about PMS or what beasts men are or what color outfit goes good with their pink bikes? What say??

Last edited by dickey; 09-15-2013 at 02:35 PM.
Old 09-15-2013, 02:36 PM
IzzoQuazzo
Retired Admin

Received 9,039 Likes on 3,711 Posts

We went through this a couple weeks ago when there was a request by some to have a separate forum for 2014s. The answer is simply no. A touring bike is a touring bike and all such discussion will be here. We are not going to start a new forum for every change HD makes.