Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Custom Dynamic LED's No Load Equalizer Needed For 2014's

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2013, 05:59 PM
offthewall
Stellar HDF Member
Received 82 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by sat4314
heres another little trick to try. First depress and hold down your trip odometer button. While doing this, turn bike to ignition, then right switch to on but do NOT start the bike. still holding down on trip switch the whole time. then turn on 4 ways for two minutes. Buddy of mine got that from a tech at CD and it finally solved his problem. Holding down the trip switch forces the computer to teach the lights to flash properly. mine set up perfectly just doing the 4 ways but for some reason my buddy had to add the extra step to the process. Amazing the little tricks we are learning about these bikes. I would add that his was an SGS and mine is a Limited. Don't know if that makes a difference with the can-bus or not.
Wow, I must be a moron. I've tried both ways many many times, for many different lengths of time and my fairing indicators still double flash.

Are you guys sure that your fairing indicators aren't double flashing? My blinkers have always flashed correctly with the LED inserts in the front.

thx.

Old 10-10-2013, 08:53 PM
MikeDCop
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My dash indicators hyper-flashed and I just did the hazards. And it worked. Bike was running and I rode about five minutes with the hazards on. People around me must have thought me nuts, but it worked. Everything flashing normal.

Old 10-10-2013, 09:11 PM
offthewall
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by bzb123

I installed the dynamic rings up front, rear led turns, as well as led tail light and phase 7 head light.

after installing turn signals, they flashed at a normal rate, but the indicators flashed rapidly.

Gave CD a call and they told me the same thing. Put 4 way flashers on for a couple minutes, everything been great since then.
I just noticed that you have the CD Dynamic Rings in front. I've got the Amber 1157/ECLIPZE2® LED Item: GEN200-A-1157E2. I wonder if that's the difference?

Is everyone else here using the dual colored Dynamic Rings rather than the single color ECLIPZE2?

Old 10-10-2013, 10:23 PM
red.heritage
Cruiser
Question

Isn't the tail light on the rear fender an incandescent bulb?

That is correct. You do NOT need a load equalizer on the 14 canbus system. I installed the dynamic rings on front turn signals of my 14 Limited last week. All you need to do is turn on your 4 ways for two minutes and the bike programs the led turn signal to flash at the correct speed. Pretty cool. Since front turn signals are the only non led on the entire bike I changed them out at Custom Dynamics while at bike week over the weekend.

Old 10-10-2013, 10:58 PM
Smokee
Advanced

Originally Posted by offthewall
I just noticed that you have the CD Dynamic Rings in front. I've got the Amber 1157/ECLIPZE2® LED Item: GEN200-A-1157E2. I wonder if that's the difference?

Is everyone else here using the dual colored Dynamic Rings rather than the single color ECLIPZE2?
I installed the same LEDs in my 14 Limited tonight (GEN200-A-1157E2) and at first I had normal turn signal function but no running lights at all. Did the 4-ways for a few minutes and now I have the running/turn sig function on the left but no running light on the right. So, when I turn on the 4-ways now the front LEDs alternate! I tried everything mentioned in this thread but nothing fixed the problem...even switched the LEDs around and still get same result...left side works fine but only the turn sig function works on right. Also, the left (working) side dash indicator flashes very fast but the non-working side (right) flashes the indicator at normal speed. As for me, I'm not AT ALL impressed with Custom Dynamics.

Old 10-11-2013, 09:11 AM
offthewall
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by Smokee
I installed the same LEDs in my 14 Limited tonight (GEN200-A-1157E2) and at first I had normal turn signal function but no running lights at all. Did the 4-ways for a few minutes and now I have the running/turn sig function on the left but no running light on the right. So, when I turn on the 4-ways now the front LEDs alternate! I tried everything mentioned in this thread but nothing fixed the problem...even switched the LEDs around and still get same result...left side works fine but only the turn sig function works on right. Also, the left (working) side dash indicator flashes very fast but the non-working side (right) flashes the indicator at normal speed. As for me, I'm not AT ALL impressed with Custom Dynamics.
Wow, I feel lucky now.

So you swapped the left and right LED modules and the problem stays on the right? That seems to point to the LED's are OK.

I suspect it wasn't seated properly or somehow the right socket on the bike got screwed up, something stuck in it, etc. Then the 4-way programming locked that condition in.

I'd put the bulbs back in and make sure they are working properly. If not, run the 4-way flasher programming and get them right.

Then start over with the LED's.

You've also confirmed for me that the single color (GEN200-A-1157E2) LED modules leave the fairing indicator double flashing as was stated to me by CD. That's fine for me as long as the actual blinkers flash normally.

Old 10-11-2013, 09:46 AM
Kugie's HOG
Road Master
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

That is correct. You do NOT need a load equalizer on the 14 canbus system. I installed the dynamic rings on front turn signals of my 14 Limited last week. All you need to do is turn on your 4 ways for two minutes and the bike programs the led turn signal to flash at the correct speed. Pretty cool. Since front turn signals are the only non led on the entire bike I changed them out at Custom Dynamics while at bike week over the weekend.
Is the rear brake light LED? I didn't think it was. Just wondering.

Old 10-11-2013, 09:49 AM
offthewall
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by Kugie's HOG
Is the rear brake light LED? I didn't think it was. Just wondering.
Only on the CVO Limited. The regular Limited has a bulb in the fender mounted taillight.

Old 10-16-2013, 08:37 PM
offthewall
Stellar HDF Member

Wow, I feel lucky now.

So you swapped the left and right LED modules and the problem stays on the right? That seems to point to the LED's are OK.

I suspect it wasn't seated properly or somehow the right socket on the bike got screwed up, something stuck in it, etc. Then the 4-way programming locked that condition in.

I'd put the bulbs back in and make sure they are working properly. If not, run the 4-way flasher programming and get them right.

Then start over with the LED's.

You've also confirmed for me that the single color (GEN200-A-1157E2) LED modules leave the fairing indicator double flashing as was stated to me by CD. That's fine for me as long as the actual blinkers flash normally.
I can confirm that the single color LED's (GEN200-A-1157E2) are not 100% compatible with the 2014's and the Dynamic Ringz (GEN200-AW-1157) are. I ordered up a set of the Dynamic Ringz (GEN200-AW-1157). At first, the fairing indicators double flashed. I put the 4-way flashers on for 5 min and now everything blinks normally. Success!

Attached Thumbnails Custom Dynamic LED's No Load Equalizer Needed For 2014's-img_1742.jpg   Custom Dynamic LED's No Load Equalizer Needed For 2014's-img_1746.jpg  

Last edited by offthewall; 10-22-2013 at 07:08 PM.
Old 12-07-2013, 07:35 AM
xhere
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I can confirm that the single color LED's (GEN200-A-1157E2) are not 100% compatible with the 2014's and the Dynamic Ringz (GEN200-AW-1157) are. I ordered up a set of the Dynamic Ringz (GEN200-AW-1157). At first, the fairing indicators double flashed. I put the 4-way flashers on for 5 min and now everything blinks normally. Success!
I have the same C/D LED's as you and could not get rid of the double flash no matter what combination I tried.

I just ordered the GEN200-AW-1157 as you suggested, I hope it takes care of the problem..

Quick Reply: Custom Dynamic LED's No Load Equalizer Needed For 2014's