Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Custom Dynamic LED's No Load Equalizer Needed For 2014's

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2014, 12:35 PM
cycle crazy
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by nevada72
Try swapping clusters from left to right. If it follows the switch, you got a bad one. It can happen.
I tied switching from one to the other...works correctly on the right...not on left...funny cause the normal 1157 works!

Old 10-30-2014, 11:34 AM
Scorpio49
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My son has a 2014 TG. I plan on getting him a set of the Dynamic Rings for the front turn signals. He says his lens caps are amber. Should I also change out ( as recommended by CD's web site) the lens caps to clear or smoke?

Thanks

Old 10-30-2014, 12:00 PM
harleymike77
Road Captain
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I put in the Dynamic Ringz front turn signals last week, and also had the "rapid signal". Turned the IGN. switch on, ran the 4 ways for about 1-minute, and worked like a charm! Also installed a Bright *** tail light - MAN, is that thing BRIGHT! So much, that I can illuminate the inside of my garage in the dark! *LOL*.........

Old 11-01-2014, 02:36 PM
Rock Woody
Cruiser

Did anyone installing these in the new Bullet turn signals find them to be a PIA? The flat LED panel does not have anyway to remain positioned as you try to install the lens. Another words it does not grip the housing to stay in place. When you go to install the lens, the LED panel is not longer in alignment as it is cocked under the lens. I ended up attaching the LED panel in between the tabs of the lens but that caused it to be difficult to install the lens as the LED panel was a tight fit and caused the lens tabs to loose their flexibility.

Old 11-01-2014, 02:44 PM
Scorpio49
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Rock Woody
Did anyone installing these in the new Bullet turn signals find them to be a PIA? The flat LED panel does not have anyway to remain positioned as you try to install the lens. Another words it does not grip the housing to stay in place. When you go to install the lens, the LED panel is not longer in alignment as it is cocked under the lens. I ended up attaching the LED panel in between the tabs of the lens but that caused it to be difficult to install the lens as the LED panel was a tight fit and caused the lens tabs to loose their flexibility.
Interesting. My son has a 2014 TG and I was going to install a set for him. If the lens tabs lost their flexibility, what did you do? What color lenses are you using?

Old 11-02-2014, 05:56 AM
dansflhti
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 50 Likes on 34 Posts

I found that the CD flat panel LEDs fit deep enough into the bullet signal housings to allow the lenses to snap into place on the front,but the rear Dynamic Clusters were a different story.For the rears I filed down the perimeter of the disc,maybe only taking off a mm or so.Now the disc fits snuggly in the lenses and the lense snaps into the housing.

Old 11-02-2014, 09:09 AM
Rock Woody
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Scorpio49
Interesting. My son has a 2014 TG and I was going to install a set for him. If the lens tabs lost their flexibility, what did you do? What color lenses are you using?
I was trying both clear and smoke. The lens is fine. It's the fact that when you put the panel between the tabs it makes the stiff. I ended up using a rubber mallet to snap them into place. Seems fine, just not an easy installation if you want them to be straight.

Old 11-02-2014, 09:11 AM
Rock Woody
Cruiser

Originally Posted by dansflhti
I found that the CD flat panel LEDs fit deep enough into the bullet signal housings to allow the lenses to snap into place on the front,but the rear Dynamic Clusters were a different story.For the rears I filed down the perimeter of the disc,maybe only taking off a mm or so.Now the disc fits snuggly in the lenses and the lense snaps into the housing.
Yes. Exactly what I was thinking of taking a nail file to create flat spots on the disk to fit in-between the tabs. I need to take one side off today because I put one clear and the other smoke to try them. I've decided I like the clear better and you get more light out of them as well.