Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 ultra limited problems

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2013, 08:10 AM
dusturbd
Road Captain
Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
Old 09-19-2013, 08:14 AM
floridapoolboy
Road Master
Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

Lots of talk about this, Lord save us all from water cooled Harleys!

Old 09-19-2013, 08:38 AM
hogcowboy
Road Warrior
Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

Oh, they all do that! Classic Harley answer.

Old 09-19-2013, 08:39 AM
iwillfixthem4u
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by biker01red
I turned over 1,000 miles yesterday. Bike is back to the Dealer again!!! Each time I come home from a ride, enter my garage, turn off the ignition, in one large belch, it blows all the antifreeze out the overflow tube onto the garage floor, completely empties the reservoir tank. So far my Dealer's solution is to just refill the reservoir and bring the bike back to him when it does it again. Harley says in their 2014 promotion video they did hours of testing, obviously missed this part !!!!!' If it doesn't get fixed this time, the bike will be sold.. When a person buys a $29,000 bike, you should not have to put up with this crap !!!! If anyone has a solution from their Dealer, I will greatly appreciate any input or Dealer contact information.
its happing to me with the same lame answers "they want us to just fill it and send you on your way" "cant find anything wrong" I am going to seek legal remedies if they don't change their tune fast! mine coated my back tire with coolant and made for a very unsafe condition, be carful.. not worth ending up in a hospital or worst while they keep the ball in bounds and try and run the clock out. keep me posted PM me if you like

Old 09-19-2013, 08:49 AM
Teut
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by smokindave
was at the local watering hole yesterday when a new 14' puked it's guts all over the parking lot. The owner was pissed as he waited for his buddy to go get a trailer. The moco better get a handle on this quick as the discussion inside was getting ugly and it's now getting national attention.
international attention
this is the internet age

Old 09-19-2013, 08:53 AM
HDV-GLIDE
Elite HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts

Obama promised us change also, see where that got us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-19-2013, 12:29 PM
biker01red
Novice

Originally Posted by dusturbd
Thanks for this info - I am definitely not the only one !!!!!!!

Old 09-19-2013, 12:40 PM
BigDaddyMike
Club Member

It's like after an organ transplant, it's rejecting the 'foreign' tissue!

Old 09-19-2013, 12:43 PM
lizdc
Elite HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by scj
You're in Ohio; three strikes for the same issue and it's subject to the lemon law.
Seems like an easy fix if Harley replaces the entire cooling system as there seems to be an issue with the neck on the radiator cap area.

Quite a bit of info on here about it if you look around.
http://lemonjustice.com/lemon-law/OH_motorcycle_law.php

You wont have to sell it. If they cant fix it in 3 attempts you have the right to make them 1given you another one 2 give you your money back

Everyone who is having problems with their 2014 should be looking up their state lemon laws to see what applies in their state. Some states include MC some dont. But if you know it can help you in how you approach if the dealer just seems to be giving you the run around. Even mentioning that you know that say in ohio if he cant fix it in 3 tries or if it spends 30 days in the shop that it quifies as a lemon under the state law could get them to take it more seriously. In other states it means you need to be more public. There are still protections just not as clear as the state lemon laws where they exist.

Last edited by lizdc; 09-19-2013 at 12:54 PM.
Old 09-19-2013, 12:54 PM
VDeuce
Road Warrior
Received 403 Likes on 257 Posts

This must be at least 6-8 or so reported on this site at this point, probably more.

There seems to be a lot of confusion how to handle this on the dealer's part. Some refill and hope it goes away (it doesn't). Others replace the cap. Still others are saying that HD sends them another entire cooling system. Some report bad seal on overflow tank and use Hylomar to seal.

My advise to people running into clueless dealers is have them read some of the threads here - we apparently are more aware of what is happening then they are, lol!

Quick Reply: 2014 ultra limited problems