Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 Question on deleting saved info in GPS

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2013, 02:03 PM
Kugie's HOG
Road Master
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Default 2014 Question on deleting saved info in GPS

While playing with the new GPS on my 2014 Limited I saved a location and now want to delete it. I looked in the book and tried every screen but am unable to find a way to delete a saved location. I can delete trips imported but cannot find a way to delete this saved location. Has anyone an idea on how to do it? Your help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Old 09-21-2013, 02:38 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,191 Likes on 2,457 Posts

can you select a new location and save it over that one?

don't want the wife to find the directions to the girlfriends house eh?

Old 09-21-2013, 05:33 PM
hojones
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Once the GPS gets full of "saved locations" you have to throw it away.

Old 09-21-2013, 06:04 PM
bingram1
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Kugie's HOG
While playing with the new GPS on my 2014 Limited I saved a location and now want to delete it. I looked in the book and tried every screen but am unable to find a way to delete a saved location. I can delete trips imported but cannot find a way to delete this saved location. Has anyone an idea on how to do it? Your help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Sorry that I dont have any stupid *** comments like others on here for you, and I'm not trying to get my post count up, but I do have the answer for you.
Go to gps of course, go to "where to", go to "saved", go down to the saved you want to delete and press select to bring it up (right joystick) then use right js to go over to the right sidebar which should contain a trash can. If you press in on the right js it will do what is shown (which in this case is a trash can, or delete) it will ask if you want to delete and you say yes.

Old 09-21-2013, 06:11 PM
dSINtia
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by skratch
can you select a new location and save it over that one?

don't want the wife to find the directions to the girlfriends house eh?
Haha... Beat me to it. No help sorry... Next time use printed mapquest directions to find your way over there.

Old 09-21-2013, 07:08 PM
Kugie's HOG
Road Master

Originally Posted by bingram1
Sorry that I dont have any stupid *** comments like others on here for you, and I'm not trying to get my post count up, but I do have the answer for you.
Go to gps of course, go to "where to", go to "saved", go down to the saved you want to delete and press select to bring it up (right joystick) then use right js to go over to the right sidebar which should contain a trash can. If you press in on the right js it will do what is shown (which in this case is a trash can, or delete) it will ask if you want to delete and you say yes.
Thanks, I'll try that & hopefully it will work. Let you know tomorrow

Old 09-22-2013, 10:13 AM
Kugie's HOG
Road Master

I tried exactly what you said & here is what happens; with gps on went to "Where to" then went to "saved" went to saved I wanted to delete & pressed right js then used right js to go to right sidebar & all it shows was the first letter of the named saved location. Wouldn't do anything else & no trash can.

Now on the "recents trips" & Trips you can go to sidebar & able to delete, not sure if that was what you were thinking or not. If not any other suggestions?

Old 09-22-2013, 10:16 AM
BuckeyeMan
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

someone on here posted this link and it seemed very helpful. Check it out.

http://boombox.harley-davidson.com/premium.html

Old 09-22-2013, 10:55 AM
bingram1
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Kugie's HOG
I tried exactly what you said & here is what happens; with gps on went to "Where to" then went to "saved" went to saved I wanted to delete & pressed right js then used right js to go to right sidebar & all it shows was the first letter of the named saved location. Wouldn't do anything else & no trash can.

Now on the "recents trips" & Trips you can go to sidebar & able to delete, not sure if that was what you were thinking or not. If not any other suggestions?
Ok I just went out and did it on my bike and took pics for you.

Go to saved, go to saved one that you want to delete, hit right js to bring it up, hit right js to right to make it go to right sidebar, there should be a trash can, hit right js to delete it, screen comes up asking if you want to delete contact, hit right js to delete.

Attached Thumbnails 2014 Question on deleting saved info in GPS-dsc04139.jpg   2014 Question on deleting saved info in GPS-dsc04140.jpg   2014 Question on deleting saved info in GPS-dsc04141.jpg   2014 Question on deleting saved info in GPS-dsc04142.jpg  
Old 09-22-2013, 06:12 PM
Kugie's HOG
Road Master

Ok I just went out and did it on my bike and took pics for you.

Go to saved, go to saved one that you want to delete, hit right js to bring it up, hit right js to right to make it go to right sidebar, there should be a trash can, hit right js to delete it, screen comes up asking if you want to delete contact, hit right js to delete.
Thanks for pictures. I must have a problem because this is what happens:
1. I bring up Saved (only have 1 saved in this section)
2. I hit right js & it doesn't change screen like yours did. Only shows first letter in name of saved like in your 2nd pic. I never get the screen to show what your 3rd pic shows.Therfore it doen't take me to the delete option. Very frustrating for sure.

Quick Reply: 2014 Question on deleting saved info in GPS