Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Questions Regarding Instal of HD Speedo on 2013 RK

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2013, 12:55 PM
GI_John
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Questions Regarding Instal of HD Speedo on 2013 RK

I purchased my HD Speedo from HD for 2013 RK last week. Just got around to trying the instal last night. For some reason I can not get it to copy the odometer data to the speedo. It appears to not be getting any power from the data cable. Followed the instructions by the numbers to include purchasing a service manual to make sure I did not miss anything.

After about 5 attempts I decided to hook it into the console. I received the "no Cal" message. I unplugged it and tried several times to do a data transfer again. After several attempts and letting it just remain plugged to the data cable for minutes at a time I plugged it back into the console. Now it says Vin Err.

I made sure the run switch was on, the ign switch was on, even tried putting a little bit of soap on the data cable in attempts to make sure the plug was pushed as far in the data cable as possible when trying to do a data transfer.

Could there be another data link plug tucked somewhere under the bike that I'm not seeing? I'm new to Harleys and this was my first time pulling for wires under the seat.