Go Back   Harley Davidson Forums > Harley Davidson Motorcycles > Touring Models
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by: Fuel Moto USA

P

Old 09-23-2013, 09:50 PM
Default '14 Street Glide Klock Werks!!!!!!!!!

I went to Bikes Blues And BBQ this weekend and on the way back Sunday I stopped into Pig Trail Hd . Klock Werks had a great booth set up but we got there kinda late and they were tearing everything down so I missed a lot .
I asked Brian Klock when they thought they might have a FLARE WINDSHIELD 14 Street Glide .He told me they were in production and would roughly 60 days .
He asked if I had my bike there and told me to pull it up to their trailer .
Before I knew it he had mine pulled off and was using it to make a template for a 8.5" Flare . 10 min later I was back on the road with a new windshield.
he told me to ride it for a few weeks and let him know how it worked .
The dude wouldn't take any money and told me it pays to be a test bike .
I know these guys make and sell a lot of products but it was a super cool thing for him to do . I met him and his wife and they a real cool stand up people .
That guy doesn't know me from a man in the moon didn't even ask my name and just threw a windshield on my bike . They for sure gained a new customer and when the 14 windscreen come out I will have one . Best of all it really works good . No more glasses jumping all over my face and my shirt stays put .
Old 09-23-2013, 09:58 PM
Senior Rider

That's awesome, post some pics!

Sacrifice is the anvil on which the human soul is forged.
Old 09-23-2013, 10:33 PM

I will take some tomorrow afternoon and post em .
Old 09-23-2013, 11:01 PM
One Of The Regulars

Did he cut and form a shield just like that?
Old 09-23-2013, 11:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaktactical View Post
I went to Bikes Blues And BBQ this weekend and on the way back Sunday I stopped into Pig Trail Hd . Klock Werks had a great booth set up but we got there kinda late and they were tearing everything down so I missed a lot .
I asked Brian Klock when they thought they might have a FLARE WINDSHIELD 14 Street Glide .He told me they were in production and would roughly 60 days .
He asked if I had my bike there and told me to pull it up to their trailer .
Before I knew it he had mine pulled off and was using it to make a template for a 8.5" Flare . 10 min later I was back on the road with a new windshield.
he told me to ride it for a few weeks and let him know how it worked .
The dude wouldn't take any money and told me it pays to be a test bike .
I know these guys make and sell a lot of products but it was a super cool thing for him to do . I met him and his wife and they a real cool stand up people .
That guy doesn't know me from a man in the moon didn't even ask my name and just threw a windshield on my bike . They for sure gained a new customer and when the 14 windscreen come out I will have one . Best of all it really works good . No more glasses jumping all over my face and my shirt stays put .

I have a buddy here that had a very similar experience at Sturgis. If (when) I change windshields I will put Klock Werks at the top of the list. Good businessman!
Old 09-23-2013, 11:18 PM
Senior Rider
Location: Orig Surfers Paradise Australia, then Riyadh Saudi Arabia, Tokyo, Toronto, now So Cal

WOW!!! thats RED HOT!! I have the 8.5 flare on my SG its a great wind shield!!!
Old 09-24-2013, 10:58 AM

No he didn't cut a new one. He modified one for a prior year bike.
Old 09-24-2013, 01:03 PM
Senior Rider

Great deal, I will look to them when I buy a taller one for my limited.
Old 09-24-2013, 01:30 PM
Supporter

I have only had the pleasure of doing business with them over the phone and on-line. I can say however, that each and every person at Klock Werks I have ever dealt with was polite, very cool and cared about the products. They replaced a windshield for me at no cost and no questions asked when I called to order another a month after I had ordered the initial one. They asked me if there was a problem with the one I had just ordered? Thought it was pretty cool that they even remembered me and had a record of my recent purchase on hand. I told them it was not a defect and that a truck kicked up a pretty big stone and that marred the shield pretty good. It wasn't cracked or anything, just marred where the stone hit. I was asked if I minded holding for a minute and I heard the guy talking to Brian. He said send him a new one no charge. They didn't even want the original back. Two days later received a new shield.....Great folks! If I were ever to have a bike professionally customized, they are the ones that would do it! I currently use their shields and floor board under covers. A friend has their front fender and mufflers. All great products.

Last edited by Rickr01; 09-24-2013 at 01:37 PM..
Old 09-24-2013, 02:11 PM
Elite HDF Member

Same kinda thing happened to me a few years back at Myrtle Beach. He and his wife were ultra approachable and super cool.

lp
Old 09-24-2013, 02:11 PM

P