Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2013 SG ETIMS and Power Commander V

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2013, 06:44 PM
ArmyHop
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2013 SG ETIMS and Power Commander V

Hello folks,

So I finally finished all my upgrades and noticed earlier as I was sitting in traffic that my Engine Heat Management doesn't work for some reason. Maybe it's because now the bike shouldn't run as hot as it was stock but I have a feeling that the Power Commander V has something to do with it.

Upgrades I added:

Rinehart Xtreme True Duals w/ 4inch Mufflers
Screamin Eagle Ventilator Air Cleaner
Power Commander V ( with current/newest map for this setup)

I noticed that every time I turn ignition on and roll throttle forward to activate/deactivate the ETIMS it always blinks green as in activated but as soon as I turn the bike completely off and do It again it activates again as it should stay activated and doesn't de activate itself. Weird.

Wonder if anyone else has this problem or maybe it's just me

Old 10-04-2013, 12:07 PM
ArmyHop
Intermediate

Looks like I'm the only one who used ETIMS

Old 10-04-2013, 12:13 PM
Tanker2
Road Captain
Received 42 Likes on 26 Posts

I have a PCV from Fuel Moto. I don't use the Engine Heat Management. I have 4" Rineharts, S&S air cleaner, V&H power duals. Been thinking about trying it. I'll post how it acts when I get around to trying it. But I bet the guys at FuelMoto could answer that question for you.

Old 10-04-2013, 12:17 PM
fabrik8r
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts

I googled "PCV and EITMS" and came up with a bunch of results. If you want a more direct answer, you might try asking DynoJet about this issue?

Old 10-04-2013, 11:25 PM
ke5rbd
Road Warrior
Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

that is pretty normal for it not to activate. I ran a PCV on my 2010 FLHTK for 2 years and the only time it ever activated was in Pigeon Forge and set through 4 red lights trying to turn on 321 at the Harley dealership 2 years ago. Put PV on and still doesn't activate. I monitor with PV and have seen it 280 once while in stop and go construction and 98 ambient. I understand the 2014's have changed the way they activate.

Old 10-04-2013, 11:54 PM
ArmyHop
Intermediate

Thanks for replies. I called the support people and they said that they don't have known issues and that the PCV doesn't change the ECM settings for it and it should work as usual.

I guess that the bike now runs a lot cooler with the new setup and right fuel/air ratio than stock. Just the CAT alone produces a **** ton of heat. We will see what happens. So far the bike runs incredibly smooth.

Old 10-05-2013, 05:31 AM
jbmss
Advanced
Default 2013SG ETIMS and Power Commander v

was wondering if your still running your 0-2 sensors with the power commander v?

Old 10-05-2013, 05:45 AM
WolfDog
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Mine works just fine.

It gets hot in Texas.

Old 10-05-2013, 09:02 AM
Reaper22
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ArmyHop
Thanks for replies. I called the support people and they said that they don't have known issues and that the PCV doesn't change the ECM settings for it and it should work as usual.

I guess that the bike now runs a lot cooler with the new setup and right fuel/air ratio than stock. Just the CAT alone produces a **** ton of heat. We will see what happens. So far the bike runs incredibly smooth.
I don't believe the tune will stop it from coming on, the 103's get freak'n hot town ride'n, Mine never comes on in town ride'n cuz I have the Ward fans, althou I did hear cams will help cool them down and that makes since :}

Old 10-05-2013, 10:31 AM
ArmyHop
Intermediate

Originally Posted by jbmss
was wondering if your still running your 0-2 sensors with the power commander v?
Nope. Rinehart included bungs I put in instead.

Quick Reply: 2013 SG ETIMS and Power Commander V