Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 Headlight

Old 11-22-2013, 12:05 PM
mmeddle1
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the new Daymaker Reflector headlight and passing lamps on my new 2014 Ultra Limited. I love these lights. The low beam with the passing lamps on really lights up the road. When you use the high beam, the low beam stays on and the high beam pushes much further out. The passing lamps turn off when the high beams come on, so you lose some lighting out to the sides. You can have the dealer reprogram the ECM to keep the passing lamps on when the high beam is on. This provides the best lighting I've ever had on a bike in 40 years of riding. They are better than the TruckLite TL-6 lights in my sig pic and I thought those were awesome day and night. Of course, if your lights are not aimed properly, you will be disappointed.

Attached Thumbnails 2014 Headlight-image.jpg  
Old 11-22-2013, 08:41 PM
dusturbd
Road Captain
Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by mmeddle1
I have the new Daymaker Reflector headlight and passing lamps on my new 2014 Ultra Limited. I love these lights. The low beam with the passing lamps on really lights up the road. When you use the high beam, the low beam stays on and the high beam pushes much further out. The passing lamps turn off when the high beams come on, so you lose some lighting out to the sides. You can have the dealer reprogram the ECM to keep the passing lamps on when the high beam is on. This provides the best lighting I've ever had on a bike in 40 years of riding. They are better than the TruckLite TL-6 lights in my sig pic and I thought those were awesome day and night. Of course, if your lights are not aimed properly, you will be disappointed.

did you put these in after getting the bike, my 14 limited has the older style LEDs in it

Old 03-09-2014, 08:49 PM
zgodwin
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nchogfan
I had the dealer adjust both, the headlight and the spots and then I've gone back and adjusted and adjusted and adjusted, both the headlight and the spots with little to no satisfaction. If I get the low beam where I can see decently the high beam is so high is good for not much more than coon hunting. If I adjust it where I can actually use the high beam I have to slow down to a crawl in turns because I can't see hardly anything past 40' in front of me. That's a scary feeling going into curves blind. Adjusting the spots and having them programmed to stay on with high beam has helped but it's still not good. I can honestly see twice as good with the headlights on both of our 2003 Heritage Softail and the 2007 883Low than I can using the brand new, fancy, high tech 2014 Daymaker. Seriously thinking about swapping in something else.
I have the same problem with my 2014 Ronnnie. I hate these lights. It is bad enough that it is virtually impossible to adjust these lights properly. But they are invisible to other drivers. Can't believe HD put these on an otherwise great bike.

Old 09-28-2014, 10:03 PM
smoothy
Novice

Drove my limiited last night for the first time in the dark, it was 90 minites of torcher. My running lights had already been programed to stay on, and it still falls very short of being adequate lighting. This is a 30,000 dollar bike, and they can't get headlights right? Lighting is not rocket science come on test drive your bike on a dark curvy road befor we have too!

Old 09-29-2014, 07:38 PM
offthewall
Stellar HDF Member
Received 82 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by smoothy
Drove my limiited last night for the first time in the dark, it was 90 minites of torcher. My running lights had already been programed to stay on, and it still falls very short of being adequate lighting. This is a 30,000 dollar bike, and they can't get headlights right? Lighting is not rocket science come on test drive your bike on a dark curvy road befor we have too!
My 2014 limited has the best lighting of any bike I've owned, once I had the passing lamps flashed to always stay on. I'd say, except for my 2013 Audi S4 with the dynamic HID headlamps, the Limited has the best lighting of anything I've driven in 40+ years.

Sent from my iPhone using IB AutoGroup

Old 09-29-2014, 08:20 PM
smoothy
Novice

Originally Posted by offthewall
My 2014 limited has the best lighting of any bike I've owned, once I had the passing lamps flashed to always stay on. I'd say, except for my 2013 Audi S4 with the dynamic HID headlamps, the Limited has the best lighting of anything I've driven in 40+ years.

Sent from my iPhone using IB AutoGroup
Well then there must be something wrong with mine! I'll have the service department look at them when they take care of their recalls. My 09 Ultra did a better job then this, just saying.

Old 09-29-2014, 09:13 PM
offthewall
Stellar HDF Member
Received 82 Likes on 60 Posts

Well then there must be something wrong with mine! I'll have the service department look at them when they take care of their recalls. My 09 Ultra did a better job then this, just saying.
Many have complained that their LED headlights were improperly aimed from the factory. You may want to have that checked.

Old 08-07-2015, 03:18 PM
bill_1202
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

You probably need to adjusted them correctly. That's what I'm reading here and that's my big takeaway.

Old 08-07-2015, 03:30 PM
cass
Road Warrior
Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by bill_1202
You probably need to adjusted them correctly. That's what I'm reading here and that's my big takeaway.
i recognize that overall this is an old post......when i saw the led's on the 2014's, i just had to have some. i got a set of passing lamps and a head light and installed them. i was having problems, adjusted, took it to the dealer to check adjustment and all was good. they are great straight as others have said but they act just like an airplane wing in a curve. one side up, the other down. i think the new daymaker refractor headlights are pretty good but all of them are expensive. i've hit two deer having them on the bike. i've slowed down through the rural roads i run daily in the dark. i agree, they could have done better.

Old 08-08-2015, 03:13 PM
fenmore
Advanced

See some of my posts.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2014 Headlight