Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

6.5 Boom - Can't import *.gpx files

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2013, 11:30 AM
Hammz
Grand HDF Member

Received 576 Likes on 417 Posts

Originally Posted by UppercaseJC
Can you tell me how to export the bikes Nav software to a thumb drive
Sure.
Go to Main menu
select Setup option
select System Information option
select Navigation option
select Export For Update option

Note - you will need to scroll (up/down arrows on right) to get to the correct selection option on some of the menus.

Old 10-07-2013, 12:08 PM
bingram1
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Hammz
Title pretty well says it; haven't been able to import any GPS routes into my bike. It will export fine.
Ok heres what I got for ya. Make a trip in Garmin Mapsource or Basemap software. Save trip in .gpx format. Copy to flash drive. Plug into bike turn on ignition switch. Bike will read and if theres no music on it it will say no playable media found (no big deal). Wait till nav is ready then go to nav main page (Pic 1). Top is highlighted so with right js push right to select menu. You should see pic 2. Go down to import, push in on js to select. You should see pic 3. Your files are on usb flash drive. Push js to select. You should see pic 4 with the name of your route. Push js to select. You should see pic 5. Go down to the route, push js to put a check mark by route. You should see pic 6. Js right to go to sidebar. Push in js to select (usb stick). You should see pic 7. Go to yes and select. Now from main nav page go to "where to", select, then go to more (bottom right) select, go to trips, select, and it should be there.
Let me know if you need help to delete trip, I took those pics too.

Attached Thumbnails 6.5 Boom - Can't import *.gpx files-dsc04152.jpg   6.5 Boom - Can't import *.gpx files-dsc04153.jpg   6.5 Boom - Can't import *.gpx files-dsc04154.jpg   6.5 Boom - Can't import *.gpx files-dsc04155.jpg   6.5 Boom - Can't import *.gpx files-dsc04156.jpg  

The following users liked this post:
ljtexasx (07-01-2017)
Old 10-07-2013, 12:10 PM
bingram1
Tourer

Title pretty well says it; haven't been able to import any GPS routes into my bike.
Heres pic 6 &7. hopefully you got this far. lol

Attached Thumbnails 6.5 Boom - Can't import *.gpx files-dsc04157.jpg   6.5 Boom - Can't import *.gpx files-dsc04158.jpg  
Old 10-07-2013, 12:44 PM
UppercaseJC
Road Warrior
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Upon trying to auto update the bike gives a message saying AUTHENTICATING, then fails with the message in the attached pic:
Hammz I am getting the same error message

Old 10-07-2013, 12:50 PM
bingram1
Tourer

Upon trying to auto update the bike gives a message saying AUTHENTICATING, then fails with the message in the attached pic:
Just guessing but from the error code it looks like its not finding, or there is no nav files or info on there.

Old 10-07-2013, 01:43 PM
UppercaseJC
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by bingram1
Just guessing but from the error code it looks like its not finding, or there is no nav files or info on there.
The updated software is on the stick but wont install to the unit in the bike

Old 10-07-2013, 01:55 PM
Hammz
Grand HDF Member

OK. There appears to be a difference in how your system responds vs mine. When you select the *.gpx file. your system lists the file with an empty checkbox in the entry below the Select All, and the up/down/select on the right. I never get that, only the Select All. When I move to the up/down on the right & push in, I get another screen that allows me to select yes to import the file. It then goes to the importing message screen & that's where it just hangs up.

I got the delete trips, np. Thanks.

Attached Thumbnails 6.5 Boom - Can't import *.gpx files-clearall.jpg   6.5 Boom - Can't import *.gpx files-import.jpg  
Old 10-07-2013, 01:56 PM
bingram1
Tourer

Originally Posted by UppercaseJC
The updated software is on the stick but wont install to the unit in the bike
I guess what I'm saying or asking is how do you know FOR SURE that the update is on the stick? The error says "NoNavContent". To me that says "theres no nav content (or updated content)" on the stick. And when I look at the screen shot from his computer the file creation dates are 1/1/2013. Not like they were put on there or updated recently.

Old 10-07-2013, 02:02 PM
UppercaseJC
Road Warrior

this is what is on my Thumb drive but the bike will not accept it

Attached Thumbnails 6.5 Boom - Can't import *.gpx files-thumb-d.jpg  
Old 10-07-2013, 02:06 PM
Hammz
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by bingram1
I guess what I'm saying or asking is how do you know FOR SURE that the update is on the stick? The error says "NoNavContent". To me that says "theres no nav content (or updated content)" on the stick. And when I look at the screen shot from his computer the file creation dates are 1/1/2013. Not like they were put on there or updated recently.
I'm pretty sure the Nav software update is on the stick. I listed the new files & folders that are on the stick. The 1/1/2013 files are from the export. The new files I listed have 10/7/2013 date.

Quick Reply: 6.5 Boom - Can't import *.gpx files