Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

6.5 Boom - Can't import *.gpx files

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2014, 01:18 PM
2004NIGHTRAIN
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I get the same results. I'm able to export. Navi tools copies info to the usb drive. But the update fails saying No Nav Info.

Old 02-28-2014, 05:03 PM
COWBOY1296
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Importing from microsoft streets and trips

I don't care for the ride planner. Its not as responsive as I like. (update on 3-2, I am a little happier now with the ride planner) I am very knowledgeable with Microsoft Streets and Trips. Under data I am able to export to gps file. I then transfer it to the bike and have gotten as far as importing the file which it says the data is being imported. I have left the bike for at least 20 minutes, return and it is still importing but no file has been imported. (today importing a file from ride planner via a usb it took only a few seconds)

The dealership told me 2 weeks ago that the software was up to date but I did not check it. Any suggestions on what I am doing wrong. Also I found that the boom box needed to be updated and like yall I was able to do that ok.

If any of you have mastered Microsoft Streets and Trips, please give me a blow by blow description on how you did it.

Last edited by COWBOY1296; 03-02-2014 at 07:00 PM.
Old 03-04-2014, 07:31 AM
wwglide
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How do you delete the gpx files if you no longer want them saved? I've been able to import the files generated by Ride Planner but can figure out how to remove an imported file.

Old 03-08-2014, 07:27 PM
COWBOY1296
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default deleting

Now if you are referring as to how and delete them off of the website I cant either.

If you want to delete them from the gps. I am still learning it myself but it that you click on the saved trip and then it will give you options on the right hand side and one of them is delete.

Old 06-27-2014, 02:17 PM
MilesOfTexas
Road Warrior
Received 159 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by UppercaseJC
I still cant get the bike to accept the update. I export the data from bike to memory stick ok. Navi then tells me of an important update so I allow it and it loads a lot more data to the stick. I then put the stick back in the bike and after trying to load it just shows the error code
I have a feeling the 'important update' is for the files on the USB drive and not the nav unit on the bike itself. The update may be for its interaction with the Naviextras Toolbox.

Old 06-27-2014, 02:36 PM
Hammz
Grand HDF Member

Received 574 Likes on 416 Posts

Originally Posted by MilesOfTexas
I have a feeling the 'important update' is for the files on the USB drive and not the nav unit on the bike itself. The update may be for its interaction with the Naviextras Toolbox.
I tried the Naviextras Toolbox yesterday - got an update to the toolbox. When I connected the USB image of my NAV software I got a message saying it was up to date already, so nothing to load into the bike's system.

Old 08-27-2014, 11:06 PM
bultacopursang
1st Gear

NAV import menu?
wheres this
how to get there?
a pic?
trying to put Australian map on, cant get anywhere

Old 11-04-2014, 07:06 AM
peterpellegrino
1st Gear

I have been able to export ride planner GPX files to the nav unit, but it took several tries and now I have duplicate files under trips. Anyone know how to delete trhem from the nav unit?

Old 11-04-2014, 12:40 PM
DonR6718
Stage I
Default Having Similar Problems

System update when fine, but NAV system is frustrating. I get a message when trying to import a .gpx file saying that "NAV system database is full" While exploring I went into the "SAVE" setting of the GPS system and found hundreds of files that I didn't save. No wonder the system is FULL. Anyone know how to delete those? Also, the NAVEXTRAS Toolbox gave me an update but it would import to the bike...got an error message.

Old 11-04-2014, 06:01 PM
14cvoultra
Tourer
Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

Well when i got the men full error the only way I was able to delete the files was to reset the unit to factory defaults

Quick Reply: 6.5 Boom - Can't import *.gpx files