Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

6.5 Boom - Can't import *.gpx files

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2013, 08:48 AM
Hammz
Grand HDF Member

Received 577 Likes on 417 Posts
Default 6.5 Boom - Can't import *.gpx files

Title pretty well says it; haven't been able to import any GPS routes into my bike. It will export fine.

There's also a nav software update available from the naviextras web via naviextras toolbox. I was able to successfully export the bike's nav software, naviextras toolbox recognized the bike's nav software on the USB stick & upgraded it, but then the auto installation process on the bike fails. Tried this using both my 16Gb USB with music installed and with a freshly formatted 8Gb USB. Bike exported nav software fine to both medias, toolbox recognized & updated both as well; they both fail auto update install on the bike.

The documentation for this process is sketchy at best. Naviextras is based in Budapest Hungary.

Anyone have any luck getting this stuff to work??? Thanks.

BTW - The dealer was able to update the 6.5 software to ver 1.17.1.1 w/o issue.

Old 10-07-2013, 09:01 AM
bingram1
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Hammz
Title pretty well says it; haven't been able to import any GPS routes into my bike. It will export fine.

There's also a nav software update available from the naviextras web via naviextras toolbox. I was able to successfully export the bike's nav software, naviextras toolbox recognized the bike's nav software on the USB stick & upgraded it, but then the auto installation process on the bike fails. Tried this using both my 16Gb USB with music installed and with a freshly formatted 8Gb USB. Bike exported nav software fine to both medias, toolbox recognized & updated both as well; they both fail auto update install on the bike.

The documentation for this process is sketchy at best. Naviextras is based in Budapest Hungary.

Well you are ahead of most from what I've read on this forum. I and many others have the opposite problem. I cant get my system to export nav info. I put my flash drive in and do the export but it always comes back as export failed. However I put the drive in my computer and go to Naviextras toolbox and it says new update, loads files on the drive, but then when I go to put it in the bike it doesnt find anything new. I updated the Infotainment software the first day I had the bike with no problem as you said. ver 1.17.1. Only thing I see new for the gps is the map update.

Old 10-07-2013, 09:03 AM
bingram1
Tourer

Forgot to say I have imported several routes to my bike and it works flawlessly. I've seen many others here have done it too.

Old 10-07-2013, 09:14 AM
Hammz
Grand HDF Member

I thought it might be a media specific issue, but using 2 different USB sticks (different size & manufacturer) would seem to eliminate that? Maybe a media read/write speed issue? IDK?

Old 10-07-2013, 09:57 AM
Hammz
Grand HDF Member

Here's the file format of a successful nav software export to a clean USB drive. The export installed both the files & the folders/file structure exactly as shown:

Attached Thumbnails 6.5 Boom - Can't import *.gpx files-naviexport.jpg  

Last edited by Hammz; 10-07-2013 at 10:00 AM. Reason: add comments
Old 10-07-2013, 10:09 AM
bingram1
Tourer

I thought it might be a media specific issue, but using 2 different USB sticks (different size & manufacturer) would seem to eliminate that? Maybe a media read/write speed issue? IDK?
I did see guys having trouble with that. One guy bought a new flash drive and it worked for him then. I'll do it in about an hour and take pics for you and upload them here and you can see if you are getting the same results.

Old 10-07-2013, 10:41 AM
Hammz
Grand HDF Member

Running the Toolbox does an auto update of the software on the USB drive, adding the following files:

Root directory - 2 files
swdl.iso 14,856KB
synctool.TBver 1KB

NaviSync directory - 1 file
update_checksum.md5 1KB

NaviSync\license directory - 1 file & 1 directory
device_nng.0 1KB
.reg File Folder

NaviSync\license\.reg - 2 files
naviextras.nnr 1KB
naviextras_packagedata.nnp.enc 1KB

Old 10-07-2013, 11:01 AM
Hammz
Grand HDF Member

Upon trying to auto update the bike gives a message saying AUTHENTICATING, then fails with the message in the attached pic:

Attached Thumbnails 6.5 Boom - Can't import *.gpx files-naverror.jpg  
Old 10-07-2013, 11:15 AM
bingram1
Tourer

Upon trying to auto update the bike gives a message saying AUTHENTICATING, then fails with the message in the attached pic:
Heres what I get when I try to export for update:

Attached Thumbnails 6.5 Boom - Can't import *.gpx files-dsc04147.jpg  
Old 10-07-2013, 11:21 AM
UppercaseJC
Road Warrior
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Can you tell me how to export the bikes Nav software to a thumb drive

Quick Reply: 6.5 Boom - Can't import *.gpx files