Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel moto headpipe

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2014, 07:20 PM
jrdfatboy
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel moto headpipe

I am trying to reduce some heat and add a little extra to my 2012 Fugly ultra. i am going with a Powervision, Roland Sands air cleaner and head pipe from Fuel Moto. My question is with the head pipe. they have mild steel ceramic coated, stainless steel and SS ceramic coated, does anybody have any experience with the Jackpot pipe and which is better for heat reduction? Thanks for reading.

Old 03-14-2014, 07:38 PM
WI Bob
Road Master

SS ceramic coated is the top choise for heat reduction

Old 03-14-2014, 07:58 PM
Hausguy
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I don't think there's a difference in heat reduction between the pipes. I went with the mild steel (cheapest) with ceramic coating. "They" say that the SS pipes will last longer but I'm not sure what that really means. So far, so good for me.

Old 03-14-2014, 08:10 PM
jrdfatboy
Tourer

I am kind of with you Hausguy. I am not going to keep this bike forever so is stainless worth $200 over the mild steel?

Old 03-14-2014, 08:24 PM
Hausguy
Road Master

I think it was only about $100 difference. I think most exhaust systems are mild steel so if you're running in salt and other elements most of the time it may be more of an issue. What I have will last at least 5-10 years and I'm OK with that. I kept my stock headpipe just in case as a backup.

Old 03-14-2014, 09:16 PM
Breeding10
6th Gear

Just went through the same decision process. The thing to remember is if you ever want to use autotune pro with the PowerVision I don't think the mild steel ceramic coated pipes have the 18mm bungs for O2 sensors. At least that is the way I thought I understood it, but I could be wrong

Old 03-14-2014, 09:20 PM
Hausguy
Road Master

Good point. The mild steel only has 12mm bungs.

Old 03-14-2014, 11:35 PM
Teardrop
Road Warrior
Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

I live in AZ and ride year around so I know about heat. I have the Jack Pot SS head pipe and the heat reduction over stock was tremendous. When sitting in traffic during the summer (115*) the head pipe heat has become a non issue. I am sure the ceramic coated pipes are better but the regular SS pipe works just fine.

Old 03-15-2014, 12:24 AM
the warden
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Teardrop
I live in AZ and ride year around so I know about heat. I have the Jack Pot SS head pipe and the heat reduction over stock was tremendous. When sitting in traffic during the summer (115*) the head pipe heat has become a non issue. I am sure the ceramic coated pipes are better but the regular SS pipe works just fine.

I have the SS head pipe as well. Got it from FM before they produced the ceramic coated one. I am very happy with the heat reduction and performance of this pipe. Very well made and fits like a glove. Getting the placement of the stock heat shields right can be challenging, but it can be done and they fit just as well as on the stock head pipe.

Old 03-15-2014, 03:28 AM
Timmy B
Outstanding HDF Member
Location: 12 year, Colombia, 4 years Mexico, currently In Kuwait, but Boston is HOME!!
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I bought the ceramic headers fours ago, all I can say is they are the bomb!!

Quick Reply: Fuel moto headpipe