Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Reckless fairing height

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2013, 08:31 PM
Steven11
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Reckless fairing height

I'm thinking of buying a reckless fairing for my 2004 Road King. Was wondering if anyone that has one could tell me how high they are above the headlight? That way I know what windshield height to order.

Old 10-23-2013, 09:07 PM
mike79
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Top of the fairing where the windshied meets the fiberglass is 11 inches above the headlight. The RM fairing is awesome. Got it at Americade for my 03 RKC with the Infinity radio. Love it!!

Old 10-23-2013, 11:24 PM
DeneFXDWG
Road Warrior
Received 55 Likes on 42 Posts

I just received my Reckless in the mail and mocked it up with their 8" clear shield. I'm 6' and a bit and have it on a 2011 RK. Their advertised 8" is a smidge away from 10". Too tall so I immediately ordered a 8" re-curve off Jim at Fast Aire. Haven't gotten that in the mail yet but as I say, I don't know how Reckless figures their 8" model is anywhere close to 8".

Old 10-23-2013, 11:50 PM
gartec81
Grand HDF Member
Received 835 Likes on 370 Posts

Originally Posted by DeneFXDWG
I just received my Reckless in the mail and mocked it up with their 8" clear shield. I'm 6' and a bit and have it on a 2011 RK. Their advertised 8" is a smidge away from 10". Too tall so I immediately ordered a 8" re-curve off Jim at Fast Aire. Haven't gotten that in the mail yet but as I say, I don't know how Reckless figures their 8" model is anywhere close to 8".

can you post up some pics after install. I am also interested in the fairing from reckless. i am really interested in a ton of pics showing all angles.

angle of the fairing
how much room there is around the headlight
gap between the fairing and the bars.

any pics would be great

Old 10-24-2013, 05:38 PM
Steven11
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thanks

Thanks for the replies. I just ordered my fairing. Will post pictures when it comes in and I install it.

Old 10-24-2013, 09:02 PM
DeneFXDWG
Road Warrior
Received 55 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by gartec81
can you post up some pics after install. I am also interested in the fairing from reckless. i am really interested in a ton of pics showing all angles.

angle of the fairing
how much room there is around the headlight
gap between the fairing and the bars.

any pics would be great
I will post pics but it will be a while. I can tell you that from first impressions it is what most say. Fiberglass is of good workmanship, a little sanding around the edges before she goes to the paint shop is in order.
The first noticeable thing is that it is tilted forward and even though looks real from the front, (where most people post pics), it is kind of goofy looking from the side, tilted too far forwards and doesn't look at all like the real thing, ($290, what do you expect).
The other thing is the headlight. Now it is sunken down a cavernous fiberglass tunnel and I've always been a fan of "less is more" and although I have hated headlight bezels, I think I'm now forced to get one with a visor and bring the chrome to the front once again.
The gap is pretty good, (as in not much at all), and I think it will cut down the wind where as my fairly new Long Ride Shield lacked in that department and had a rather large gap that they could've designed a lot better IMHO.
The distance between my Heritage Style bars and the fairing is a lot. Don't know how to describe it but if you're wondering about tilting ANY bars forwards, you won't have a problem.