Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 GPS Nav Question

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2013, 04:11 AM
JDKJAG
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2014 GPS Nav Question

Alright, so after having read the manual, and the other book specifically for the boom box/nav, and the quick start guide I can not find anywhere in them on how to turn off the navigation.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 10-29-2013, 04:50 AM
Rustrtal
Road Warrior
Received 57 Likes on 45 Posts

If you mean cancel a route. On the map, use the right joystick to scroll over the icon on the right that looks like bullet points with lines. The first option is stop.

Old 10-29-2013, 07:05 AM
Gunnysgt
Grand HDF Member
Received 503 Likes on 247 Posts

Yep what he said. You have to have it on and a route set, then look for those lines and bullet icon on your screen, touch that and then you can turn it off.

Old 10-31-2013, 09:59 PM
JDKJAG
6th Gear

Thanks for the quick lesson on it. Yes, I meant stop navingation, not turn off the unit.

Couldn't find it, did the firmware update, and still couldn't find it. Guess my eyes (or attention to detail) are going.

Found the little box and got it to stop the nav.

Again, thanks for the assist.

Old 10-31-2013, 10:24 PM
hanny
Road Captain

theres some cool stuff on the nav I found yesterday.... radar weather overlays and I like the clock in the bottom right and the speed in the bottom left........

Old 10-31-2013, 11:04 PM
SafetyMan
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 79 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by hanny
theres some cool stuff on the nav I found yesterday.... radar weather overlays and I like the clock in the bottom right and the speed in the bottom left........
Tell me more about the radar overlay....

Old 10-31-2013, 11:13 PM
Harley Hound57
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SafetyMan
Tell me more about the radar overlay....

I'm thinking it's an XM thing.

Old 10-31-2013, 11:16 PM
SafetyMan
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 79 Likes on 65 Posts

I reckon.

I refuse to pay $400 for the privelidge of paying for a subscription to the radio.

I was told when I first started looking that XM was included, if you pay for the subscription. By salesmen at 3 different dealers. If I'm not mistaken, it's listed that way in some of their errant literature.

I've had XM for years in my cars, trucks... even with a Road Tech unit on my Road Glide Ultra, which is useless without AUX input on the '14.

But it did get me to do something I said I'd never do... bought an iPod Nano. With the stuff I've bought for the wife, kid, and my CDs, I've got almost 500 songs so far.

Sorry..... got a bit off topic....

Old 11-01-2013, 05:18 AM
ditch_dgr
Road Master

The only thing I have not been able to successfully do is turn off the voice part of the nav, weather and traffic. It looked like it was one of the preferences on the nav menu, but it didn't turn off. I don't need or want the bike talking to me.

Old 11-01-2013, 08:26 AM
UppercaseJC
Road Warrior
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by ditch_dgr
The only thing I have not been able to successfully do is turn off the voice part of the nav, weather and traffic. It looked like it was one of the preferences on the nav menu, but it didn't turn off. I don't need or want the bike talking to me.
Next time she is talking to you quickly turn her volume down to mute if you want. You can also access a menu to turn the gps volume. You need to remember that if you have a route planned on the gps your sound of the radio or thumb drive will cut out while she is giving directions even though you cant hear her as you have the sound turned way down

Quick Reply: 2014 GPS Nav Question