Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Scored a FLHPI from Police Need advice

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2013, 08:21 PM
naildriver29190
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Scored a FLHPI from Police Need advice

I scored an '07 FLHPI yea my first Big Twin. I already own an Ironhead. It has a platform mounted behind the single seat with an air tank for the seat shock under it. What are my options? Can I relocate the airtank and put a buddy seat on? I am going to check with the city to see if they have the trunk. Does any one have a line on the front lights as they removed the blue ones, damn. Also there are two toggle swithhes in front of the gas tank on the fork what are they??? Any suggestions will be consumed and considered, even the funny ones. Thanks guys Also I am looking for Parts and service manuals

Old 11-03-2013, 08:26 PM
mmcbeat
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Check out this board

http://www.retiredpolicebikes.com

You can relocate the air tank or use hardware from a '13 and eliminate the tank altogether.
Mustang makes a passenger seat that matches the cop seat. You might want to check the tires, some that come on police bikes are not recommended for two up riding.
And you can get HD or aftermarket lens to replace the blue ones.

Congrats on your new bike.

Last edited by mmcbeat; 11-03-2013 at 08:37 PM.
Old 11-03-2013, 08:29 PM
Road Star
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 412 Likes on 250 Posts

Post some pics.

Old 11-03-2013, 08:47 PM
garyFLHPI
Cruiser

Welcome to FLHP family!
I removed my air tank and air bladder and installed dog kong. It works very well. I also mounted Utopia backrest on my police seat, for a long rides it's a must.

Old 11-03-2013, 08:57 PM
0ldhippie
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 115 Posts

Them cop seats are comfortable but not so pretty. Ebay is a great place for lights. The left switch is for the spots, right is aux on normal RK. Cop bikes have lot of different wiring. Enjoy!

Old 11-03-2013, 10:01 PM
ReidRik_Von
Road Captain
Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by mmcbeat
Yep, great info there. If you don't want to go the Kong route, on the 09 frame you can mount the tank on the strut behind the right shock.

Not sure if this works on pre-09.

Old 11-04-2013, 10:17 AM
LeadSSled
Road Captain
Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

I did the coil-over conversion on my FLHP. Here is the install thread on the RPB Forum:
2013 Coil-Over seat spring install
I don't think that the 2013 coil-over spring setup works with the 2007 (different frame) when using the 2013 seat bracket. But some have adapted the exiting bracket on the 07 and earlier bikes. Note that the last post in the thread is by a guy that did this to an 03, which should be the same as your 07 in the seat department.

You also asked about a passenger pillion. Here is an install thread for a Mustang passenger pillion seat:
Mustnag pillion install

Good luck!

Old 11-04-2013, 10:45 AM
BigD64
Tourer

On an 07 if the bike doesn't have ABS I believe you can mount the air tank behind the right side cover. You should be able to get plenty of assistance at retiredpolicebikes.com as well as the forums here. Welcome to the "P's" My first Harley was a 95 FLHTP Toaster Dash and now I have an 09 FLHTP Batwing. You can get stock seats off Ebay pretty cheap if you want to remove the air seat altogether. You can get the service and parts manuals right from HD just make sure you get the 07 Police Supplement manuals as well as the 07 Touring Manuals. Good Luck and Safe Riding!

Old 11-04-2013, 01:16 PM
motolocopat
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Cool Bike
Looks like it found a good home

Enjoy it

Keep the Shiny Side Up

Old 11-04-2013, 08:19 PM
naildriver29190
Intermediate

Originally Posted by BigD64
On an 07 if the bike doesn't have ABS I believe you can mount the air tank behind the right side cover. You should be able to get plenty of assistance at retiredpolicebikes.com as well as the forums here. Welcome to the "P's" My first Harley was a 95 FLHTP Toaster Dash and now I have an 09 FLHTP Batwing. You can get stock seats off Ebay pretty cheap if you want to remove the air seat altogether. You can get the service and parts manuals right from HD just make sure you get the 07 Police Supplement manuals as well as the 07 Touring Manuals. Good Luck and Safe Riding!
Thanks you just answered my next question. I need the regular touring service and part manual AND a poliece supplement... will do

Quick Reply: Scored a FLHPI from Police Need advice