Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel Moto PCV

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2013, 06:27 PM
pureoper
Advanced
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Fuel Moto PCV

I have a 2010 road king with a decatted headpipe,V&H Vo2 air cleaner and Rhinehart 4in slipons and a PCV mapped from Fuel Moto.The bike runs really good here where I live in Oregon,elevation anywhere from 500ft to 1000ft.I take a 3 to 4 thousand mile trip every summer.This year I went to Jackson Wy.and Yellowstone and noticed that my bike runs like crap at higher elevations.What do you suggest I do.I thought about the autotune for the PCV or switching to the PV.If I get the autotune for the PCV I will have to get a new header or weld on bungs.Any suggestions please.

Old 11-06-2013, 06:56 PM
99%r
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Get a tuner that uses O2 sensors.

Old 11-06-2013, 07:09 PM
Salinas44
Cruiser

Maybe FM can give you another map for the higher elevation. Then get one of there little thumb switches to flip maps on the fly.

Old 11-06-2013, 07:23 PM
ssober
Advanced

Originally Posted by Salinas44
Maybe FM can give you another map for the higher elevation. Then get one of there little thumb switches to flip maps on the fly.
or I think you can reduce the amount of fuel on the unit. it may take a laptop to drop the amount

Old 11-06-2013, 07:24 PM
Jersey_Marine
Cruiser

PowerVision is the way to go. Even if someone has it for a few more dollars the customer service FuelMoto has is worth paying a few extra bucks. Everyone I ever dealt with there is excellent. The auto tune feature on the PV is incredible. So incredible my short Sinister industries pipe don't even pop on decel. I come from a motorcycle roadracing background (WERA/CCS) with "many" race bikes tuned with a Power Commander on a dyno and I can honestly say the auto tune feature is just as good. If not better that getting a tune on a dyno (with less stress on the motor by making high RPM dyno runs over and over again). I would never make a statement like that if i didn't have a background in tuning bikes. Ive raced at racetracks where the elevation was different. Obviously the air/fuel mixture has to change. Thats why the auto tune feature is dynamite cause you can change it basically instantly.

Old 11-06-2013, 08:18 PM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,104 Likes on 1,339 Posts

Originally Posted by pureoper
I have a 2010 road king with a decatted headpipe,V&H Vo2 air cleaner and Rhinehart 4in slipons and a PCV mapped from Fuel Moto.The bike runs really good here where I live in Oregon,elevation anywhere from 500ft to 1000ft.I take a 3 to 4 thousand mile trip every summer.This year I went to Jackson Wy.and Yellowstone and noticed that my bike runs like crap at higher elevations.What do you suggest I do.I thought about the autotune for the PCV or switching to the PV.If I get the autotune for the PCV I will have to get a new header or weld on bungs.Any suggestions please.
We would be more than happy to assist you with optimizing your PC-V tune, theoretically if your bike runs well at 500 or 1000ft it should run well at higher altitudes as well as the Delphi ECM bases fuel delivery on modeled airflow and air density. Give us a call or email keith@fuelmotousa.com with the specifics and we are here to help

Jamie Long / Fuel Moto USA
The USA's Leader V-Twin EFI & Performance www.fuelmotousa.com
Contact 920-423-3309
Email jamie@fuelmotousa.com

Old 11-07-2013, 08:33 PM
pureoper
Advanced
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Thank you fuel Moto,got another map and will try that.

Old 11-07-2013, 09:03 PM
senna
Road Master
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by fuelmoto
We would be more than happy to assist you with optimizing your PC-V tune, theoretically if your bike runs well at 500 or 1000ft it should run well at higher altitudes as well as the Delphi ECM bases fuel delivery on modeled airflow and air density. Give us a call or email keith@fuelmotousa.com with the specifics and we are here to help
That is customer service!!!

Old 11-08-2013, 07:09 AM
Jersey_Marine
Cruiser

Originally Posted by senna
That is customer service!!!
These guys are the best. They have a successful business because their customer service is head and shoulders above most of their competition. They have extremely fair prices but best of all they treat your right AFTER the sale if you need a new map or have any questions. Thats rare for companies these days. This company realizes conducting business the way they do creates a high rate of return customers and positive word of mouth reviews to others for potential customers.

Old 11-08-2013, 09:56 AM
biglipps66
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Jersey_Marine
PowerVision is the way to go. Even if someone has it for a few more dollars the customer service FuelMoto has is worth paying a few extra bucks. Everyone I ever dealt with there is excellent. The auto tune feature on the PV is incredible. So incredible my short Sinister industries pipe don't even pop on decel. I come from a motorcycle roadracing background (WERA/CCS) with "many" race bikes tuned with a Power Commander on a dyno and I can honestly say the auto tune feature is just as good. If not better that getting a tune on a dyno (with less stress on the motor by making high RPM dyno runs over and over again). I would never make a statement like that if i didn't have a background in tuning bikes. Ive raced at racetracks where the elevation was different. Obviously the air/fuel mixture has to change. Thats why the auto tune feature is dynamite cause you can change it basically instantly.
Ill agree 110% with this as well. After tuning cars and bikes for over 10 years now Ill say the auto tune makes it insanely simple. Ive had liter sport bikes leaned out in the cruise area to provide over 50mpg and still make over 180 rear wheel up top.