Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I love my heated grips!

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2013, 10:44 PM
SafetyMan
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 80 Likes on 66 Posts
Default I love my heated grips!

47° on my way home from Lodge tonight, 80mph on I-35...

My snowmobile gloves (THIN palm, insulated back) are a perfect compliment to the heated grips.

My hands used to get cold riding below 70°.... not any longer!

The only issue is I HATE the "stock" rubber grips. Used to first thing I did was put on Kuryakyn ISO's. I reckon I'm going to be saving up for nice Harley grips.

Is there a market for take off heated rubber grips?

Old 11-12-2013, 11:35 PM
Hausguy
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Kind of a weird thing but my thumbs freeze. I ride with summer gloves and my hands are very warm, but I need to keep moving my thumbs around so they don't freeze off. There are more important things to complain about...

Old 11-13-2013, 12:17 AM
2AMGuy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,560 Likes on 1,633 Posts

The main reason that I gave up snowmobiling was COLD fingers!!

I also love the heated grips (and heated seat) but if I was going to ride in temps below 50 degrees or so, I'd also have heated gloves, a heated jacket liner, a leather dickey, and of course my FF modular helmet.

Old 11-13-2013, 02:47 AM
jim518
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Had heated grips on my last bike, gave me a extra month or two of riding with cold weather gear on.
Have Heat Demons ordered. With them installed internally, I should be able to change to different grips.

Old 11-13-2013, 04:10 AM
ejvette
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by SafetyMan
47° on my way home from Lodge tonight, 80mph on I-35...

My snowmobile gloves (THIN palm, insulated back) are a perfect compliment to the heated grips.

My hands used to get cold riding below 70°.... not any longer!

The only issue is I HATE the "stock" rubber grips. Used to first thing I did was put on Kuryakyn ISO's. I reckon I'm going to be saving up for nice Harley grips.

I'm with ya I had a set of Streamliner heated grips installed before picking up the new SGS its now like having cruise control I wouldn't want to live without either!

Old 11-13-2013, 04:27 AM
BoonDock_Saint
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SafetyMan

If the price is right I'd buy them! Think those stockers are bad THESE were the only game in town for a very long time..

Had them on every bike I've ever owned except the current one.

Old 11-13-2013, 06:59 AM
Diggman
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was chatting with the service guy at my Harley dealer while I was waiting on the recall work. We got to talking about the heated grips. He said the stock ones rarely fail but he has seen quite a few of the "purty ones" from the P&A catalog come back in for replacement. Mostly under warranty, he said, but it still makes me wonder if I should just suck it up and live with the stock grips.

Diggs

Old 11-13-2013, 09:14 AM
Quadancer
Elite HDF Member
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

I got the Polly cartridges, snowmobile version P200. On high they may melt any plastic gloves, on low are good for down to the mid 40's. $25.00 - I put the switch just above my spotlamp switch.
Not as good as heated gloves but with handshields like mine or a fairing, are the next thing.
I have the harley contoured grips for road feel and less diameter grip, as I tend to get cramps.

Old 11-13-2013, 09:49 AM
brandss
Road Captain
Received 21 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey QuaDancer, this is the first time I have heard of the Polly Cartridges. Can you discuss a bit more about them, also installation. One concern is that there is only a high and a low switch. Appreciate the help

Old 11-13-2013, 01:11 PM
son of the hounds
Grand HDF Member
Received 2,544 Likes on 1,311 Posts

Love heated grips. Added National Cycle hand guards and the winter world became a better place. The hand guards keep all the wind and rain off the gloves, heaters do the rest.

Quick Reply: I love my heated grips!