Go Back   Harley Davidson Forums > Harley Davidson Motorcycles > Touring Models
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by: Fuel Moto USA

P

Old 11-30-2013, 07:49 AM
CLUB MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by ftworthcowboy View Post
My Glock will stay on my side.
Best place for it.

2005 Road King Classic (Gone)
2014 Street Glide Special Mysterious Red Sunglo
Old 11-30-2013, 08:35 AM

My XD45 is staying in the crossbreed on my hip just as it has ridden for the last 10 years
Old 11-30-2013, 11:35 AM
Outstanding HDF Member

Not my preferred method but it is cool nonetheless:

Click the image to open in full size.

'13 FLTRX
Old 11-30-2013, 01:38 PM
One Of The Regulars

Old 11-30-2013, 02:52 PM
One Of The Regulars

Best Response

Quote:
Originally Posted by 42gunner View Post
Old 12-01-2013, 10:41 AM
Road Master

I questioned in an earlier reply regarding the wisdom of carrying a weapon in one of these...in terms of wear to the weapon and dust/water intrusion. Ironically, a pal of mine has these installed front and rear on a Road Glide, and he keeps his .380 in one of the front ones. I asked him how he thought about these issues, and he was able to ease my concerns about those things...not that I'm gonna necessarily run out and buy some...there are a lot of more practical things to buy first, although they look excellent for tool storage.

I agree with the others, if you're gonna pack, it needs to be in a location where it will be instantly accessible. If, on the other hand, you're not licensed to carry, the floorboard carry makes good sense, but it begs the question why one would need to pack an illegally concealed weapon that isn't accessible right now?

My friend pointed out that the floorboards use the same key as the bike...nice feature, but I think I'd prefer a separate key if, again, I didn't have a CCW permit...and squirrel that key somewhere not like to be found in a pat down...I don't know all the weapons laws in all the states, whether permits are required, or whatever, the way my friend had it stashed would require a CCW permit in California...but that's his trip, point is, I think I have to back off on my concerns, look like good units...
Old 12-01-2013, 10:50 AM
Outstanding HDF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veekness View Post
I questioned in an earlier reply regarding the wisdom of carrying a weapon in one of these...in terms of wear to the weapon and dust/water intrusion. Ironically, a pal of mine has these installed front and rear on a Road Glide, and he keeps his .380 in one of the front ones. I asked him how he thought about these issues, and he was able to ease my concerns about those things...not that I'm gonna necessarily run out and buy some...there are a lot of more practical things to buy first, although they look excellent for tool storage.

I agree with the others, if you're gonna pack, it needs to be in a location where it will be instantly accessible. If, on the other hand, you're not licensed to carry, the floorboard carry makes good sense, but it begs the question why one would need to pack an illegally concealed weapon that isn't accessible right now?

My friend pointed out that the floorboards use the same key as the bike...nice feature, but I think I'd prefer a separate key if, again, I didn't have a CCW permit...and squirrel that key somewhere not like to be found in a pat down...I don't know all the weapons laws in all the states, whether permits are required, or whatever, the way my friend had it stashed would require a CCW permit in California...but that's his trip, point is, I think I have to back off on my concerns, look like good units...
I think it is a silly idea but I'll play. It all depends on your state...In most free states (not California for sure...) you can carry a firearm in your vehicle without a CCW permit because it is not on your person. I would think it would be the same in you had a firearm locked in a floorboard of a bike. It's not like you can quickly access it...
Old 12-01-2013, 11:00 AM
Road Master

I think the issue of being unloaded vs. loaded and proximity to ammo makes a difference too...I agree with ya, Mouth, it wouldn't be my first choice of holster, but I like them for storing tools and things like that...
Old 12-01-2013, 11:50 AM
Club Member

When we road trip we carry in the tour pack so when we stop for the night and set up tents we bring them into the tent so we have some protection from animals or crazies. Never really carry it on our hip unless we are home in NC which is an open carry state so it's legal to wear unconcealed on your person.
2010 Street Glide: SE 120 R, SE 5.3 injectors, SE 58 mm Throttle body, Tman 662-2 cams, S&S Roller rockers,S&S Premium Lifters, Bandit sportsman clutch , D&D Boarzilla, 2014 SE compensator, Wards fan, Jagg 10 row w/ wards 140 stat, Power Vision. 125 Hp/ 125 Tq.
RETIRED ARMY 22Yrs
Old 12-01-2013, 07:54 PM
Road Captain

My Glock 30 stays on my hip under my shirt/jacket.

Old 12-01-2013, 07:54 PM

P