Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 Infotainment radio deception

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2014, 06:59 PM
flyingace
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Guitardude
The streetglide has never had the plug for the headset. If you WANTED that, then you should have either bought a limited or worked it out before you bought the bike. A LITTLE bit of research before buying the bike would have saved you some hassle and me 60 seconds of my life reading your pointless bitching about expecting something that IS included on other bikes but not on the model YOU bought. You got what you paid for and now you want someone to give you something that you DIDNT pay for because you were too stupid to figure this out up front, and then you want to blame them for not knowing you wanted the unit to do all of this on your bike even though you didn't pay for all the things needed to make it work that way?

Idiot.
This mirrors my feelings exactly. This thread (as does devery thread on HD forums it seems) of course degraded into weather or not you should answer your phone, or listen to music on a bike.

Personally, all I saw in the commercial (that the OP seems to feel was deceptive) was a phone call being answered. Nothing about the headset (bluetooth or otherwise) being used. All that was shown was the 6.5 boom radio interface answering (actually ignoring) a phone call, And this guy ASSUMES that all 6.5 radio equipped bikes come with everything needed for what he wants it to do. I would also point out that in the commercial, the bike shown Responding to voice commands to play a track, as well as Ignoring the phone call, is clearly NOT an SGS, as it has BLACK faced gauges, not the white gauges of the Street Glide. The only shot of a SGS dash shows the GPS map on the screen, NOT being controlled by voice commands.

Nor does the website specifically STATE that the system would work the way he wants it to. And of course, the simple fact, that the SG has NEVER had a headset jack standard, period. DUH.

I agree with you, RESEARCH before spending $20k plus. If you don't, don't go crying FOUL on the MOCO. But some people just wanna blame others for their mistakes/oversights.

Last edited by flyingace; 01-02-2014 at 07:11 PM.
Old 01-02-2014, 07:37 PM
Schoondog
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by flyingace
This mirrors my feelings exactly. This thread (as does devery thread on HD forums it seems) of course degraded into weather or not you should answer your phone, or listen to music on a bike.

Personally, all I saw in the commercial (that the OP seems to feel was deceptive) was a phone call being answered. Nothing about the headset (bluetooth or otherwise) being used. All that was shown was the 6.5 boom radio interface answering (actually ignoring) a phone call, And this guy ASSUMES that all 6.5 radio equipped bikes come with everything needed for what he wants it to do. I would also point out that in the commercial, the bike shown Responding to voice commands to play a track, as well as Ignoring the phone call, is clearly NOT an SGS, as it has BLACK faced gauges, not the white gauges of the Street Glide. The only shot of a SGS dash shows the GPS map on the screen, NOT being controlled by voice commands.

This is Project Rushmore | 2014 Harley-Davidson Motorcycles - YouTube

Nor does the website specifically STATE that the system would work the way he wants it to. And of course, the simple fact, that the SG has NEVER had a headset jack standard, period. DUH.

I agree with you, RESEARCH before spending $20k plus. If you don't, don't go crying FOUL on the MOCO. But some people just wanna blame others for their mistakes/oversights.
I would also state the shot from above after declining the call clearly shows lower fairing not available on the SGS as a factory option.

Old 01-02-2014, 08:52 PM
JMJOHN
Platinum Sponsor
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

here is the cable that you would need for the StreetGlide to allow talking over the cell phone with J&M or Harley helmet headset, WITHOUT having to invest all the $$$ into the audio system to try and make it like the Ultra ,,,, http://www.jmcorp.com/ProductDetail....ctID=HSPT-H14S ,,,,,,,

Latest release of J&M FlexPower in-fairing antenna for the 2014 StreetGlide/Ultra here http://www.jmcorp.com/ProductDetail....D=FPA-HCFM14-P ,,,,

Old 01-02-2014, 10:31 PM
Spowell928
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Taranwanderer
I gotta say--the only disappointing thing about my Infotainment system (4.3 radio) is that it doesn't appear to have a clock anywhere in the dash. Even my 2005 Suzuki had a clock...? Am I just missing it?
It's there, just very subtle. Small digital numbers on the outside edge of the display. Took me a while to find it on mine too.

Old 01-03-2014, 04:24 AM
Turret_plug
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Weavr99FLHT
Several years ago, someone posted they were suing because the ambient air gauge was inaccurate. A good lawyer would suggest the cases be combined.

Looking at H-D.com at the specs for the SG Special. It clearly says a wired headset is a P&A Upgrade. No case.
Read the entire thread......l when I first looked at the 2014, there was NO P&A catalog..... Niether were there any salesmen that could answer my infotainment questions or otherwise...... That thing was put together and thrown in our faces.

That being said, did my research and kept my "old" style 2013 street glide since I couldn't get any straight answers.....!

Old 01-03-2014, 04:35 AM
WildX
Cruiser
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Talking

The streetglide has never had the plug for the headset. If you WANTED that, then you should have either bought a limited or worked it out before you bought the bike. A LITTLE bit of research before buying the bike would have saved you some hassle and me 60 seconds of my life reading your pointless bitching about expecting something that IS included on other bikes but not on the model YOU bought. You got what you paid for and now you want someone to give you something that you DIDNT pay for because you were too stupid to figure this out up front, and then you want to blame them for not knowing you wanted the unit to do all of this on your bike even though you didn't pay for all the things needed to make it work that way?

Idiot.
Mindless dribble, for you the above reads correct. Go **** yourself

Old 01-03-2014, 10:08 AM
Guitardude
Club Member
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by WildX
Mindless dribble, for you the above reads correct. Go **** yourself
Wow, you really are an ***...next time, before you take your RUB *** out to buy a bike (your first I take it?) if you will RESEARCH and ASK QUESTIONS BEFORE you sign the papers, you will avoid a lot of problems. As it is, you don't get things for free just because YOU think that's how it should be. And if you went back in to the dealer making this big of a deal because YOU didn't read the published info, and bother to look down between your knees when you were sitting on the bike and SEE that there is NO PLACE TO PLUG IN a headset, then maybe YOU need to take a deep breath and evaluate YOUR ACTIONS. Of course, you probably aren't used to seeing anything when you look down between your legs anyway...

Have a nice day

Old 01-03-2014, 10:34 AM
texaspirate
Road Captain

2014 SGS, I bought the bike for reasons other than the touch screen infotainment system. Overall that system with Bluetooth does not thrill me at all. Useless to me and I do not use a phone while riding period. Hard enough to stay up on two wheels with all the crazy cagers. Infortainment is just entertainment for some, I just like the fact it is a decent sound system.

Old 01-03-2014, 08:15 PM
mgibson61611
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow, you really are an ***...next time, before you take your RUB *** out to buy a bike (your first I take it?) if you will RESEARCH and ASK QUESTIONS BEFORE you sign the papers, you will avoid a lot of problems. As it is, you don't get things for free just because YOU think that's how it should be. And if you went back in to the dealer making this big of a deal because YOU didn't read the published info, and bother to look down between your knees when you were sitting on the bike and SEE that there is NO PLACE TO PLUG IN a headset, then maybe YOU need to take a deep breath and evaluate YOUR ACTIONS. Of course, you probably aren't used to seeing anything when you look down between your legs anyway...

Have a nice day
Well said... cheers

Old 01-03-2014, 09:25 PM
Crystaliner
Intermediate

While using the gps, my Infotainment system this weekend locked-up TWICE!!!!!!

WTF!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: 2014 Infotainment radio deception