Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HD's ability to nickle & dime us never ceases to amaze me!

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2013, 07:28 AM
ejvette
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 23 Posts
Default HD's ability to nickle & dime us never ceases to amaze me!

I just got the set of fairing air deflector's I had on back order and of course you need 3 screws on each side to mount.... are they included NOOOO really WTF how much are 6 dam screws that you can't include them **** just up the price $1 and put em in the box lol

Old 12-17-2013, 07:32 AM
Ron750
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 16,515 Likes on 6,271 Posts

Originally Posted by ejvette
I just got the set of fairing air deflector's I had on back order and of course you need 3 screws on each side to mount.... are they included NOOOO really WTF how much are 6 dam screws that you can't include them **** just up the price $1 and put em in the box lol
I agree. I also like when manufacturers give you extra, so you don't have to run to the store when you drop a screw and can't find it. I would rather pay the extra 25 cents up front.

Old 12-17-2013, 07:36 AM
Weavr99FLHT
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by ejvette
Mine came with 8 screws. P&A on website shows 8 screws included. Instructions show 8 screws included. The adjustable have 8, the non adjustable have 6.

Last edited by Weavr99FLHT; 12-17-2013 at 07:39 AM.
Old 12-17-2013, 07:48 AM
Veekness
Elite HDF Member
Received 638 Likes on 494 Posts

I've been pleasantly surprised at the reasonable prices for fasteners and other parts I have sourced from the dealer...high quality, and often lower prices than the aftermarket. Yeah, there are exceptions, I think the in-tank fuel filter for my FLHX is WAY too high, but across the board, their prices are great. Because I'm a frequent buyer, my parts guy often gives me a 10% break, and I appreciate that.

Old 12-17-2013, 08:11 AM
roadking2014
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Weavr99FLHT
Mine came with 8 screws. P&A on website shows 8 screws included. Instructions show 8 screws included. The adjustable have 8, the non adjustable have 6.
I'm pretty sure they were supposed to be included too

Old 12-17-2013, 08:15 AM
jeffreydsilver
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 163 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by Weavr99FLHT
Sounds like someone got screwed!

Old 12-17-2013, 08:15 AM
thirstybob
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I just installed my fairing air deflectors and I love them. Oh yeah, I had to go to Lowe's for 6 stainless steel screws as well.

Old 12-17-2013, 08:20 AM
lakedrum03
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Veekness
I've been pleasantly surprised at the reasonable prices for fasteners and other parts I have sourced from the dealer...high quality, and often lower prices than the aftermarket. Yeah, there are exceptions, I think the in-tank fuel filter for my FLHX is WAY too high, but across the board, their prices are great. Because I'm a frequent buyer, my parts guy often gives me a 10% break, and I appreciate that.
I may be a snob, but the hardware provided by any vehicle manufacturer for a part or accessory is always cheap and sub par. They only provide you hardware that barely provides the performance you need. 95% of the time the hardware that is provided will work as intended. If the part needs to be structural or is in a highly conspicuous location, I will buy aftermarket high quality fasteners.

Old 12-17-2013, 08:40 AM
Veekness
Elite HDF Member
Received 638 Likes on 494 Posts

Originally Posted by lakedrum03
I may be a snob, but the hardware provided by any vehicle manufacturer for a part or accessory is always cheap and sub par. They only provide you hardware that barely provides the performance you need. 95% of the time the hardware that is provided will work as intended. If the part needs to be structural or is in a highly conspicuous location, I will buy aftermarket high quality fasteners.
I have found that to not be the case with MoCo supplied parts, mostly. However, you are very correct for most cases; I do the same...

Old 12-17-2013, 08:53 AM
chgofirefighter
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Harley Davidson has forgotten that not too long ago they almost went bankrupt! This is what amazes me that most, that it truly doesn't cost them much to do things at production. Because at the end they will pass the cost to the consumer. So many ugly bolts that the bikes comes in with, not only that but the bolts that Harley uses look almost gray in color, wtf c'mon you can't install chrome bolts on a k20, K30+ bikes? You can't use a better suspension or better seat?

Quick Reply: HD's ability to nickle & dime us never ceases to amaze me!