Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

krome werks or s&s header pipes

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2013, 08:36 PM
hd4l
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default krome werks or s&s header pipes

Iv'e been looking for a set of new pipes to complete my winter mods.I have found these two that i like the best.They look alot alike.Anyone use either and have any oppinions on them.I have an 05 flhr with a stock 88" screamin eagle a/c and 3.5 python slipons.

Old 12-23-2013, 11:18 PM
bklynbob
Grand HDF Member
Received 530 Likes on 376 Posts

You're correct, they're the same

Old 12-24-2013, 01:14 AM
ALUCARD19
Road Master

What about the Cobra head pipes.

Old 12-24-2013, 02:24 AM
SBates08
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,235 Likes on 999 Posts

Freedom performance makes a dresser style to fit the older bikes. It's called the Right Side Tuck and Under. Very well made header and excellent chrome quality.

Old 12-24-2013, 07:20 AM
just plain john
Elite HDF Member
Received 97 Likes on 78 Posts

Just did S&S's on my 05 EGC yesterday. Fit perfectly, look good, sounds good. No regrets at all. The only concern I had was with the floorboard spacers that are installed on the right side. They are 1/4 or maybe 3/8 inch thick, and it makes the bolt that much shorter.

Old 12-24-2013, 07:51 AM
ol Roy
3rd Gear

I have the S & S pipes on my EG Classic and like the very well. Easy to install and sound good. I'm very happy with my choice.
Roy

Old 12-24-2013, 08:51 AM
Roger That
Road Warrior

I've heard that Kromeworks makes the pipes for S&S. I have the S&S headers. They look just like VH Dresser Duals but have a 4" hidden "H" type crossover for added back pressure.

They sound identical to true duals and have balanced exhaust exiting each pipe.

However, some have had some issues with mounting bracket bolts shearing off. Do a search on this forum, there have been a few posts relating to this. I have had no issues at all, replaced mounting bracket bolts with Grade 8 bolts.

Old 12-24-2013, 09:00 AM
Bigboyride
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Roger That, I've been meaning to ask you for a while about your current setup. I am about to put S&S Power Tune Duals on my 2014 Ultra. I'm looking at either the Rinehearts or the RC Components mufflers. My question is at 75-80 MPH how is the noise. I want to be able to hear the stereo and not have a headache after the ride? I listened to this set up at the dealer, sounds great, but I am really interested in the noise while cruising. I have already installed the SE AC with the KN filter instead of the HD one. I usually wear a full coverage helmet on the long trips. i would appreciate your opinion. Thanks

Old 12-24-2013, 02:04 PM
hd4l
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Roger That
I've heard that Kromeworks makes the pipes for S&S. I have the S&S headers. They look just like VH Dresser Duals but have a 4" hidden "H" type crossover for added back pressure.

They sound identical to true duals and have balanced exhaust exiting each pipe.

However, some have had some issues with mounting bracket bolts shearing off. Do a search on this forum, there have been a few posts relating to this. I have had no issues at all, replaced mounting bracket bolts with Grade 8 bolts.
Thanks Im going to order the s&s,and I'll take your advice on replacing the bolts with grade 8.Seems like cheap insurance to me.Thanks to everyone else for the feed back.

Old 12-24-2013, 03:55 PM
Bigboyride
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry hd4l, I just realized I hijacked your thread.. Sorry, please let me know how you like the S&S. I'm looking at doing the upgrade first of the year.

Quick Reply: krome werks or s&s header pipes