Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Figured out USB playlists on the 2014 Boom Box 6.5

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2014, 06:19 PM
flashracer
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Rockgeezer
Using iTunes I simply copy and paste playlists to a USB thumb drive. Couldn't be any simpler and quicker. On infotainment screen , I choose Find, Albums and I have all my playlists and albums there to play. Simple, couple seconds process.
This is what I did. Works great

Old 12-30-2014, 10:08 AM
ScottKY
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

[QUOTE=ChapmanDKC;13279892]Your step by step instructions just worked perfectly for me. Happy customer of a 2015 FLHTK.

Sorry for the late response, I lost track of this thread. But I'm glad I could help.

Old 12-30-2014, 10:12 AM
ScottKY
Cruiser

Originally Posted by rooster3171
Scott:
Is this working fine for you? I am having a hell of a time with playlists on a thumb drive. If you have screenshots or anything else I would appreciate it. Thanks in advance.
Yes, I'm having no problems. I don't have any screenshots, as I'm away from the computer that has the localiseM3U file on it.

What kind of problems are you having?

Old 12-30-2014, 10:16 AM
ScottKY
Cruiser

Originally Posted by RocketHD1975
Hey this is good stuff, though I do believe running a vbs script is a windows thing, Mac wont let you do this. I reviewed the vbs script, and cant find what it replaces the file location string with. Does it take it away? When I go over to a PC and drag and drop the m3u file on the vbs script it tells me its empty....... any ideas?
I'm definitely not an expert on vbs scripts, but I do think it is indeed a PC thing. And I'm not sure what the LocaliseM3U script does with the file location string. I guess I assumed it simply removed it, leaving you with a .m3u file with no location info. Which means that the .m3u file has to be in the same directory as the actual music files.

Old 08-23-2015, 02:32 AM
kalikali
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is complete nonsense! Harley needs to step up their game! Spent several hours trying to figure this USB out and havent figured it out, I am not going to go through my 10 gigs of music and rename all the files to the finicky ways of Harley. Why fiiddle with some bs script and apple nonsense? WE pay this much for a bike we shouldnt have to spend time with this USB vsb msb script bs. My 2010 ultra I upgraded the head unit with a top of the line pioneer $200 unit and have no problem playing my music. Harley cant put together a basic system that can read my basic USB stick that every car reads and every PC reads?! Plus on my $200 stereo I can easily stream Pandora.

Last edited by kalikali; 08-23-2015 at 03:21 AM.
Old 08-23-2015, 10:32 AM
DesertDweller
Advanced
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by RocketHD1975
Here is a paste of what the .m3u file looks like as an export from itunes. The issue Im having is the boom system sees the playlist no problem, but obviously the file extention is how wrong for the music that is now on the USB drive. How would root folder be listed on my usb. The USB is labeled MIMOBOT, all the files are in the root folder. so Im assuming it would be Volumes/MIMOBOT/[song name].... any ideas?

#EXTM3U
#EXTINF:235,Fly from the Inside - Shinedown
/Volumes/Media/Music/iTunes/Shinedown/Leave a Whisper/01 Fly from the Inside.m4a
#EXTINF:231,Left Out - Shinedown
/Volumes/Media/Music/iTunes/Shinedown/Leave a Whisper/02 Left Out.m4a
#EXTINF:236,Lost in the Crowd - Shinedown
/Volumes/Media/Music/iTunes/Shinedown/Leave a Whisper/03 Lost in the Crowd.m4a
#EXTINF:226,No More Love - Shinedown
/Volumes/Media/Music/iTunes/Shinedown/Leave a Whisper/04 No More Love.m4a
#EXTINF:225,Better Version - Shinedown
/Volumes/Media/Music/iTunes/Shinedown/Leave a Whisper/05 Better Version.m4a
#EXTINF:226,Burning Bright - Shinedown
/Volumes/Media/Music/iTunes/Shinedown/Leave a Whisper/06 Burning Bright.m4a
#EXTINF:244,In Memory - Shinedown
/Volumes/Media/Music/iTunes/Shinedown/Leave a Whisper/07 In Memory.m4a
#EXTINF:250,All I Ever Wanted - Shinedown
/Volumes/Media/Music/iTunes/Shinedown/Leave a Whisper/08 All I Ever Wanted.m4a

Assuming that the files on your USB are organized in the same album folders (ie: "/Shinedown/Leave a Whisper/*.m4a").
You could use your favorite text editor and do a search and replace of
String to find /Volumes/Media/Music/iTunes/
Replace with /
This is a quick and easy way to do this over all platforms (ie: Mac, Linux and MS Windows)

If this does not work; Post a screen shot of the USB folder/file structure.
I should be able to figure it out from there

Old 05-01-2016, 12:02 PM
Jason A McMillon
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so I bought a 128 gb scan disk thumb drive off of Amazon for less than $30.00, I copied all of my music onto it and put it into the usb slot on my 2014 Harley Ultra LTD. I use itunes to manage my playlist as most people do. I exported the playlist in .m3u format. I can play all of the music on the drive but like everyone else, the playlists will not work. I have tried all the previous suggestions and still can not get the boom box to utilize the playlists. Anyone else have any suggestions?

Old 05-01-2016, 01:30 PM
ScottKY
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Jason A McMillon
so I bought a 128 gb scan disk thumb drive off of Amazon for less than $30.00, I copied all of my music onto it and put it into the usb slot on my 2014 Harley Ultra LTD. I use itunes to manage my playlist as most people do. I exported the playlist in .m3u format. I can play all of the music on the drive but like everyone else, the playlists will not work. I have tried all the previous suggestions and still can not get the boom box to utilize the playlists. Anyone else have any suggestions?
Jason, I think the problem is that playlist needs to be localized. In other words, you need to change the path to the files so that the Boom knows to look in the root folder of the usb stick.

See my post, #10 in this thread.

Download the script file, and put it in the same folder(s) as your m3u files(s). Then, on your PC, drag the m3u files on top of the script file, and it'll do its thing.

Good luck.

Last edited by ScottKY; 05-01-2016 at 01:36 PM.
Old 05-01-2016, 01:55 PM
Jason A McMillon
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ScottKY
Jason, I think the problem is that playlist needs to be localized. In other words, you need to change the path to the files so that the Boom knows to look in the root folder of the usb stick.

See my post, #10 in this thread.

Download the script file, and put it in the same folder(s) as your m3u files(s). Then, on your PC, drag the m3u files on top of the script file, and it'll do its thing.

Good luck.
As I stated, I tried all the previous suggestions including downloading the script to localize the file paths, twist program and none of them have worked for me. Also I have a 128 gb scan disk thumb drive with over 90 gb of music on it. All files are organised in folders and sub folders. The only other option is to completely destroy any organisation of my music and that is not an option.

Old 05-01-2016, 01:57 PM
ScottKY
Cruiser

A little bit more explanation. An m3u playlist is just a text file. If you open it in Notepad, you just see a bunch of song titles and file paths.

Below is a snippet of an m3u file as exported from itunes. Notice the file path...C:\Users\Scott.....

That's where my music is on my PC. When you load copy this playlist over to a USB stick on put it on the bike, the Boom system doesn't know what to make of the C: path. There's no C-drive on the stick.

#EXTM3U
#EXTINF:312,Hells Bells - AC/DC
C:\Users\Scott\Music\iTunes\iTunes Media\Music\AC_DC\Back In Black\01 Hells Bells.m4a
#EXTINF:266,Rock And Roll Ain't Noise Pollution - AC/DC
C:\Users\Scott\Music\iTunes\iTunes Media\Music\AC_DC\Back In Black\10 Rock And Roll Ain't Noise Polluti.m4a
#EXTINF:207,Who Made Who - AC/DC
C:\Users\Scott\Music\iTunes\iTunes Media\Music\Compilations\Who Made Who\01 Who Made Who.m4a

Below is a snippet from the playlist after its been localized. All the path info is gone. So if the playlist is in the same folder as the songs it lists, all will work fine.

#EXTM3U
#EXTINF:312,Hells Bells - AC/DC
01 Hells Bells.m4a
#EXTINF:266,Rock And Roll Ain't Noise Pollution - AC/DC
10 Rock And Roll Ain't Noise Polluti.m4a
#EXTINF:207,Who Made Who - AC/DC
01 Who Made Who.m4a
#EXTINF:212,Walk This Way - Aerosmith

I hope this helps you to get it working.

Scott

P.S. I have no idea how it's working for the people who say they've just exported the playlists from iTunes onto the stick, without doing this localization thing. It doesn't seem like it should work.

Quick Reply: Figured out USB playlists on the 2014 Boom Box 6.5