Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

6.5" Boom Infotainment - Question on SMS Texting

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2014, 04:42 PM
jstrenn
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnnyDrama
Thanks for the response. Is there anything special that I have to do from my end to get the system to read an incoming text to me while riding?
From the Infotainment 6.5 home screen, go to Communications, then Phone, then messages, then inbox. You should see your message click on it and it will read it to you.

Old 01-03-2014, 05:01 PM
JohnnyDrama
Tourer
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Cool thanks for the tips guys. I'll give it a shot.

Old 01-03-2014, 05:07 PM
flyingace
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

deleted

Last edited by flyingace; 01-03-2014 at 08:11 PM.
Old 01-03-2014, 07:19 PM
GoGetter5832
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by jstrenn
From the Infotainment 6.5 home screen, go to Communications, then Phone, then messages, then inbox. You should see your message click on it and it will read it to you.
It won't read any text while the bike is "in motion." Your bike will need to be at a standstill. I also have an iPhone 5 and EVERY function of the Infotainment Center works for me other than the "auto text reply." From what I have read on these forums, the iPhone does not support the "auto reply" but other phones do.

Old 01-03-2014, 07:27 PM
OldSalt
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GoGetter5832
It won't read any text while the bike is "in motion." Your bike will need to be at a standstill. I also have an iPhone 5 and EVERY function of the Infotainment Center works for me other than the "auto text reply." From what I have read on these forums, the iPhone does not support the "auto reply" but other phones do.
I have a 5s and mine works the same as you described. Finally got the infotainment system setup tonight ( with the help of posts in this forum ). Only thing I haven't tested is the bike reading a text to me. Will check that tomorrow when I go out for a ride.

Old 01-03-2014, 08:11 PM
flyingace
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by GoGetter5832
Your correct. I misspoke. Its the auto reply it seem to have issues with iphones with.

Old 01-04-2014, 01:09 AM
JohnnyDrama
Tourer
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Thanks I'll play with it tomorrow and see if I can get it working correctly.

Old 01-05-2014, 08:06 PM
TheLazyC
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got the same problem with my iPhone 5. I wanted to be able to setup the auto response to alert the person sending a text that I was not able to reply and I would like to be able to read the incoming text.

Old 01-05-2014, 08:37 PM
Webo
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I told my wife and kids that when they call me if I answer but don't say anything then I'm on the bike. I told them to just say what ever it is they needed to tell me and that I can hear them. This has worked great, I answer the incoming call and then my wife will say "stop and call me it's an emergency" or what ever it is she wanted to tell me if it's not an emergency. Because the call is played thru the bike speakers I know if I need to stop right then and call back or if it can wait until I stop normally.

Old 01-05-2014, 09:39 PM
MF2014
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Puddles
I have an iPhone 4 and was getting the same message. From another thread on the forum, I found out you have to have "Show Notifications" turned on for the Bluetooth device. Go to Settings > Bluetooth > tap the right arrow for the H-D Radio device and turn on Show Notifications. This is how I got mine to work.
Thanks, this worked for me on my iPhone 4s

Quick Reply: 6.5" Boom Infotainment - Question on SMS Texting