Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

6.5" Boom Infotainment - Question on SMS Texting

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2014, 02:23 PM
PopsHD
Road Warrior
Received 122 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by Puddles
I have an iPhone 4 and was getting the same message. From another thread on the forum, I found out you have to have "Show Notifications" turned on for the Bluetooth device. Go to Settings > Bluetooth > tap the right arrow for the H-D Radio device and turn on Show Notifications. This is how I got mine to work.
Originally Posted by MF2014
Thanks, this worked for me on my iPhone 4s
Good deal. Glad it worked for you also.

Old 01-17-2014, 06:31 PM
NiteOwlNY
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone gotten the auto reply to work with an iPhone? I typed up a whole auto reply and I want it to work, lol...

Thanks for the post about the bluetooth settings on the phone, as soon as I turned those on I was getting them on the bike.

Old 01-17-2014, 10:03 PM
TheLazyC
Cruiser

Originally Posted by NiteOwlNY
Has anyone gotten the auto reply to work with an iPhone? I typed up a whole auto reply and I want it to work, lol...

Thanks for the post about the bluetooth settings on the phone, as soon as I turned those on I was getting them on the bike.

I haven't gotten it to work either. I created a cool reply and can't get it to work. I did read recently that you have to have to change notifications on your iPhone, but haven't found that option.

Old 01-17-2014, 10:18 PM
offthewall
Stellar HDF Member
Received 82 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by NiteOwlNY
Has anyone gotten the auto reply to work with an iPhone? I typed up a whole auto reply and I want it to work, lol... Thanks for the post about the bluetooth settings on the phone, as soon as I turned those on I was getting them on the bike.
The auto reply does not work with an iPhone at this time. Until Apple or Harley or both change something, it's not going to happen.

Old 01-18-2014, 08:07 AM
NiteOwlNY
Tourer

Well, I guess we can just hope for an update... I have no interest in texting while riding but a cool autoreply while I'm on the bike would be fun...

Old 10-28-2014, 06:59 PM
Kaiser3100
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by ThisIsCrazy
It won't let you read the test while you are moving but it will read the text message to you. When you are stopped it will let you read the text. Make sure the phone you are using has bluetooth MAP (Message Access Profile). I know Motorola Android phones will work, that is what I have.
My Samsung S5 with Android will not work.

Old 10-28-2014, 08:58 PM
KszyGC
Intermediate
Default S5

Originally Posted by Kaiser3100
My Samsung S5 with Android will not work.
My S3 sent autoreply no problems, and my S5 does also. I've never seen anything about auto read, but i don't have a headset, either bluetooth or corded. Might need to go through settings in both the bike and the phone.

Old 10-30-2014, 11:05 AM
flips
Intermediate
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TheLazyC
I haven't gotten it to work either. I created a cool reply and can't get it to work. I did read recently that you have to have to change notifications on your iPhone, but haven't found that option.

Go to Settings - Bluetooth - Click on the little blue exclamation point in the circle next to your H-D Radio device setting -

You will see 2 options - make sure both "Show Notifications" and "Sync contacts" are on - you will then receive text messages.

as for the auto-reply - this feature does not work with iPhones..

Last edited by flips; 10-30-2014 at 11:06 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 10-30-2014, 12:38 PM
JohnnyDrama
Tourer
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Still can't get it to work. I am now using an iPhone 6 Plus. I also just updated the head unit with the latest update yesterday. I have "show notifications" and "sync contacts" checked on my iPhone. As far as I can tell, I've done everything right. On a positive note, I'm not getting the same error message that I got before saying that there was a problem syncing the text messages.... but now it's just blank in my inbox.

Old 10-30-2014, 12:40 PM
flips
Intermediate
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnnyDrama
Still can't get it to work. I am now using an iPhone 6 Plus. I also just updated the head unit with the latest update yesterday. I have "show notifications" and "sync contacts" checked on my iPhone. As far as I can tell, I've done everything right. On a positive note, I'm not getting the same error message that I got before saying that there was a problem syncing the text messages.... but now it's just blank in my inbox.
Try forgetting that bluetooth connection and re-pairing your phone to your bike - insuring those settings are both on this time.

Quick Reply: 6.5" Boom Infotainment - Question on SMS Texting