Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 Infotainment Problems

Old 01-06-2014, 10:18 AM
DeeRoe
Road Master

Received 754 Likes on 281 Posts

Originally Posted by MF2014
So annoyed that the infotainment does not work as advertised and even more annoyed by those who think that we should all just ignore the technology goofs and deal with it. We are talking about a $2,000 stereo here and it was touted pretty heavily by HD as being "advanced". I'm not so sure it's any more advanced then my cell phone and in fact I think my iPhone is superior. As I mentioned, I like technology and was happy to see the integration into the Harley Street Glide Special but I am so disappointed with the fact that the catalog says the system is comparable with bluetooth headsets and it is not. So end of story here until HD announces they are working on it. Until then, my iPhone stays attached with velcro over the top of the infotainment screen. What a ridiculous waste...

....want a little cheese with that whine?....

Go buy a GoldWing....I'm sure the Jap bikes have just what you want...

Old 01-06-2014, 10:37 AM
rolf_the_wolf
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry guys, like to add my view to it.
And it is not my intention to protect anybody here, who posted his view/opinion.

Honestly, when I placed my order, I was running the bike beforehand for about 1 hour, not more. The bike goes perfect and it was no question for me, not to order the new 2014 Limited.
The GPS was built in and because I used Garmin GPS since many years on the e-glide, I ASSUMED that this MoCo GPS will replace the existing Zumo which I use.

When you get your bike and you run it first and spend time to check all technology gimmicks, you get very surprised if the GPS does not work as you ASSUMED.

Assumptions, not fulfilled after decisions, result in FRUSTRATION.
FRUSTRATION these days result in POSTINGS in Facebook or any other Forums. Bashing the producer of the product. That's live.

I'm frustrated too, but will use the MoCo GPS for searching addresses in towns, gas stations or hotels. That's it. For all the other GPS issues, my Zumo will do it.

BTW; my car GPS is not replaced yet. It is very limited too. Therefore, no surprise for me.

Regards
Rolf

Last edited by rolf_the_wolf; 01-06-2014 at 11:42 AM.
Old 01-06-2014, 11:13 AM
WildX
Cruiser
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I totally Agree!!! Here is my post on the subject.

Does anyone else feel that Harley was deceptive in it's sales pitch of the new 6.5" Infotainment radio communicating using Bluetooth?

In the infotainment section of the HD website an FAQ asks if you can connect two phones at once the new radio. The answer they give is as follows:

"Yes, multiple Bluetooth devices can be paired with the radio but only one can be actively in use for either phone or streaming audio functions. For example, one device could be active for making phone calls and another active for streaming audio."

The Commercial HD has been playing on TV shows a rider ignoring an incoming call displayed on the Radio, such that you could actually answer it.
The company touted the Bluetooth connectivity yet it's only good to play music. What a deception!!!!

What they, HD, never says in any of there adds or FAQ's is that you need to install on the FLHXS is a hard wired headset to do any voice commands or answer the Phone. This should have been stated at the start or come with the bike.

Old 01-06-2014, 12:28 PM
bradsULtd
HDF Community Team
Received 482 Likes on 345 Posts

How much does this "hard-wired" cable cost?

Old 01-06-2014, 01:40 PM
WildX
Cruiser
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by bradsULtd
How much does this "hard-wired" cable cost?
It's not expensive. Like $68.00, plus install, remove fuel tank, take to dealer for radio reprogram, plus headset. All said and done $400+. HD ripoff, should have come with the bike.

Old 01-06-2014, 03:36 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,177 Likes on 2,448 Posts

Originally Posted by MF2014
So annoyed that the infotainment does not work as advertised......
hey, i've got an idea. why don't you start yet another thread on it. that way, we'll know that you're really, really annoyed.....

Originally Posted by WildX

The Commercial HD has been playing on TV shows a rider ignoring an incoming call displayed on the Radio, such that you could actually answer it.
The company touted the Bluetooth connectivity yet it's only good to play music. What a deception!!!!

What they, HD, never says in any of there adds or FAQ's is that you need to install on the FLHXS is a hard wired headset to do any voice commands or answer the Phone. This should have been stated at the start or come with the bike.
have you ever seen a car commercial? the car they show on the commercial is never the same one that you buy for the base price. it is always the most optioned out version available. now, i haven't seen the commercial you're referring to, but i'll bet that the bike that they are showing with that functionality is not a street glide, but an ultra, if not the ultra limited. you've been beating this to death. you bought a street glide, but you are expecting ultra limited options. your fault, you didn't research what you were buying beforehand.

Last edited by skratch; 01-06-2014 at 03:43 PM.
Old 01-06-2014, 03:45 PM
Guitardude
Club Member
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Does anyone else feel that Harley was deceptive in it's sales pitch of the new 6.5" Infotainment radio communicating using Bluetooth?

In the infotainment section of the HD website an FAQ asks if you can connect two phones at once the new radio. The answer they give is as follows:

"Yes, multiple Bluetooth devices can be paired with the radio but only one can be actively in use for either phone or streaming audio functions. For example, one device could be active for making phone calls and another active for streaming audio."

the StreetGlide has NEVER come with the wired headset. Ever. It is the stripped down version of the ElectraGlide. And my response to you is the same as it was in the other thread...after you told everyone who told you that you should have done a little research to "f**k off!"

Originally Posted by Guitardude
Wow, you really are an ***...next time, before you take your RUB *** out to buy a bike (your first I take it?) if you will RESEARCH and ASK QUESTIONS BEFORE you sign the papers, you will avoid a lot of problems. As it is, you don't get things for free just because YOU think that's how it should be. And if you went back in to the dealer making this big of a deal because YOU didn't read the published info, and bother to look down between your knees when you were sitting on the bike and SEE that there is NO PLACE TO PLUG IN a headset, then maybe YOU need to take a deep breath and evaluate YOUR ACTIONS. Of course, you probably aren't used to seeing anything when you look down between your legs anyway...

Have a nice day

Last edited by Guitardude; 01-06-2014 at 03:48 PM.
Old 01-06-2014, 04:18 PM
rmc115
Road Master
Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

You could answer just not talk. Last year with my zumo 665 i did not have a mic and told my friends if i answer and do not speak just say what u need and i will call back depending on when i stop. Mike

Old 01-06-2014, 04:20 PM
offthewall
Stellar HDF Member
Received 82 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by skratch
... now, i haven't seen the commercial you're referring to, but i'll bet that the bike that they are showing with that functionality is not a street glide, but an ultra, if not the ultra limited...
You are correct. It is quite obviously an Ultra or Limited in the commercial. It has the lowers which are clearly visible in the shot of the guy telling his boss to F'off by rejecting the phone call.

If you want to get REALLY picky, you could do everything shown in the commercial with even a Street Glide. The guy never answers the phone! LOL.