Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bag For Small Tour Pak Luggage Rack

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2014, 09:48 AM
LazySundays
Road Captain
Received 162 Likes on 102 Posts
Default Bag For Small Tour Pak Luggage Rack

I have an 03 Ultra Anniversary bike so it has the small luggage rack. We're planning our first long trip on this bike for the summer and my wife wants a bag to go on the tour pak.

Most of the bags I've seen say that they are for the large luggage rack. What do people use on the small rack that's easy to get on and off and won't mark the paint?

I don't want to plug the holes and re-drill for the large rack.

Old 01-15-2014, 10:13 AM
DeeRoe
Road Master

Received 755 Likes on 282 Posts

I've used this one for years on my small ultra rack:

http://www.harley-davidson.com/store...sible-rack-bag

It attaches to the rack securely, and is easily removed. It's also expandable so when the BOB wants to buy some trinkets, you have more room. Also has some reflective stuff on the bag as well.

I don't have my Ultra anymore, and I'll make you a good deal on it, if you want to buy it. It's in very good condition.

PM me if your interested.

Old 01-15-2014, 10:44 AM
bksmoky
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

We have this bag: http://www.harley-davidson.com/store/tour-pak-rack-bag

My wife also uses it for non bike trips as well. We got it on sale and are happy with it.

The previous post with the expandable seems like a good value. You can't go wrong wtih either bag.

Old 01-15-2014, 11:31 AM
ohioflhs
Road Warrior

Received 231 Likes on 161 Posts

I use a $10 duffel bag from big lots.

Old 01-15-2014, 11:48 AM
Recycled
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't care what kind of bag you use on that rack, but I would make sure it is easy to access and the best thing to keep in it would be your rain gear.

Old 01-15-2014, 12:19 PM
LazySundays
Road Captain

Originally Posted by daddybones
I've used this one for years on my small ultra rack:
Doe it scratch the paint or pinstripe? Does it have anything on the bottom to protect the tour pak? The HD site says not to use with small rack.

Originally Posted by Recycled
I don't care what kind of bag you use on that rack, but I would make sure it is easy to access and the best thing to keep in it would be your rain gear.
Rain gear always goes at the top of the left saddlebag. It'd be on the right but the boss says she has more important stuff she needs access to.

Old 01-15-2014, 12:19 PM
Uncle Paul
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

Check with http://www.tbags.com

Same bag, but a little less expensive.

Many come with rain cover included. When you do not need it as a rain cover, it makes a handy extra duffle bag to carry the overflow when bungied on top of the main bag.

Old 01-15-2014, 01:06 PM
Copyless
Supporter
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LazySundays
Doe it scratch the paint or pinstripe? Does it have anything on the bottom to protect the tour pak? The HD site says not to use with small rack.:

If you have the mini rack, I feel that the bag would be difficult to use. It definitely would not secure to it with the straps built in to the bag. I think most people probably thought you have a small rack and not the mini rack, which is what I originally thought. As in some are an inch or two larger than others.

I love the bag above as it is what I use most of the time, but I'm not sure what bag would be good for the mini rack.

Old 01-15-2014, 01:45 PM
DeeRoe
Road Master

Received 755 Likes on 282 Posts

No. It sits on the rack and is attached with velcro. It has another strap that goes around the sides of the rack and over the top for even more security. No bungees or anything flapping around.

Old 01-15-2014, 02:35 PM
LazySundays
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Copyless
If you have the mini rack, I feel that the bag would be difficult to use. It definitely would not secure to it with the straps built in to the bag. I think most people probably thought you have a small rack and not the mini rack, which is what I originally thought. As in some are an inch or two larger than others.

I love the bag above as it is what I use most of the time, but I'm not sure what bag would be good for the mini rack.
OK, does that mean that there are two different small racks? Mine sits in the recess in the tour pak and doesn't sit up like the other racks that I've seen. It doesn't even have the bolts in the same place as the larger racks so changing it isn't an option. Is this the "mini" rack?

Quick Reply: Bag For Small Tour Pak Luggage Rack